2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm pouring every last dollar of FA money we have into EDGE, SAF and OG and to a lesser extent, WR and TE. Running back is a young man's game and we already have a top back who just needs the ball more. If you're questioning Williams as the No. 2, draft a guy. 

He doesn't need the ball more, he needs to stay on the field.  I'm a huge Jones fan but he's a HUGE injury concern.  His inability to stay on the field has me concerned that he's not a starting caliber NFL RB.  

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

I would too but where in the world are you getting the $$$ to do all this?

Earl Thomas check

Mathews or Brown why? Packers have a number of WR's as good as these guys. 

No money for the TE's you listed and the Packers can't afford what any of them cost if Graham is retained. Cook would be nice but unlikely.

I think an OG will get signed for sure. Big need and a number of tghe FA's are affordable.

Don't like any of the Edge players you klist. Suggs is like 100. I love love love Ford for a #2 if that can happen.

Patterson would be intriguing because he is versatile with more potential but the rest listed are eh's.

Just now, SSG said:

He doesn't need the ball more, he needs to stay on the field.  I'm a huge Jones fan but he's a HUGE injury concern.  His inability to stay on the field has me concerned that he's not a starting caliber NFL RB.  

he just needs to be part of a committee where you aren't freaking out that the other guy is getting the ball.  Then you can manage his touches.

Williams was the issue last year.  MM had an infatuation with plodding "big" backs.  They make no sense on a play to play basis.  Today's game calls for a pass catcher who can run away from people, not a pass blocker who runs towards defenders and initiates contact.

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I Could be convinced to sign Houston instead of trading for Ford and keep the draft pick(s)

Me too, if he's priced right.  Wouldn't mind a deal similar to the 3 year one we signed Peppers too.  The fans who think Houston is still an elite edge rusher are out of their minds but he'd be a decent get at the right price. While he's no where near the player he once was (or the caliber player Ford is), he's still got a couple decent years left.  

Just now, FinneasGage said:

KC really gonna let Houston and Ford go? That's wild. 

Houston more surprising than Ford tbh. Switching to 4-3, Houston was probably big enough to play DE, but Ford will be a fish out of water. Whether GB pulls the trigger or not, I'll be very surprised if Ford plays in KC this year.

4 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

So tomorrow is the day when those Contracts start getting unofficially “agreed to” and reported, right?

Correct, but they aren't official until Wednesday. Does that mean the player or team could bail out prior to the 13th if a deal was agreed upon?

Archived