2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Depends on how the board falls, but IMO, the only three really worthy of that spot are Bosa, Allen and Gary. I'm somewhat skeptical of Gary personally. 

I wouldn't spend the 12th on Ferrell, Polite, Sweat or Burns. 

Could set us up for a trade down or a trade up honestly to get Allen or Gary. If we sit at 12, I'm hoping Oliver is there. 

Allows the 12 pick to maybe be an honest BPA... no “need” to force it. So if a guy falls because 3 QBs go early etc.

Still think they get another edge in their top 3 picks.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Isn't Preston Smith really overrated?  

If you are looking for pure sacks, maybe but he can play well on all three downs and hasn't yet tapped all of his potential. In Pettine's defense, he's perfect fit. 

Just now, Green19 said:

Allows the 12 pick to maybe be an honest BPA... no “need” to force it. So if a guy falls because 3 QBs go early etc.

i think you still go EDGE. would be nice to have a stud pass rusher on a rookie contract to pair with the Smiths.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

It allows for the flexibility to take Hockenson at 12.

Which I would personally love.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Isn't Preston Smith really overrated?  

Hasn't been overly consistent, but had a big year in 2017, 8 sacks and had the highest pressure rate of any rusher (with qualifying # of snaps) in the NFL. This past year had 4 sacks but still around 53 pressures I believe, a very solid number. 

Just now, Golfman said:

If you are looking for pure sacks, maybe but he can play well on all three downs and hasn't yet tapped all of his potential. In Pettine's defense, he's perfect fit. 

I haven't seen Skins fans say much about him except that he is an underachiever.

Just now, Green19 said:

As long as he can stay on the field for more than half the season he is already an upgrade over Perry.

Valid point.

Archived