2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 minute ago, snackattack said:

i'd be fine cutting tramon at this point.  amos seems reliable and i'm pretty sure we can draft a decent safety.  no need for tramon to come back and play cb for us.

open question- at what number would people be ok bringing clay back for?  what do you think he will actually sign for (elsewhere probably)?

Highest I'd go is 2 for 8. 4 per.

I'm good with clay on the tramon money.  He's far more effective in helping this team than tramon.  Almost comically so.

For an outside team, I'd be willing to pay 8M for clay on a 1 year deal, ideally 2/15 with 8M gtd.  He can play 30-40% of snaps and be effective.

Honestly, I don't really care if we bring back Breeland or not at this point.  We got pretty much what we needed out of the FA class.  If Breeland will be more expensive than Tramon, I'd just stick with Tramon.  Tony Brown was playing some fine CB at the end of the season, give him a shot and save some of that money for other things.

36 minutes ago, snackattack said:

i'd be fine cutting tramon at this point.  amos seems reliable and i'm pretty sure we can draft a decent safety.  no need for tramon to come back and play cb for us.

open question- at what number would people be ok bringing clay back for?  what do you think he will actually sign for (elsewhere probably)?

We save a little over 4 million cutting Tramon correct? I feel like Tre Boston would only cost 4-6 million per year but would contribute a lot more and take the pressure off of hitting on a safety in the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

We save a little over 4 million cutting Tramon correct? I feel like Tre Boston would only cost 4-6 million per year but would contribute a lot more and take the pressure off of hitting on a safety in the draft. 

Ding ding. 

If we make another move pre draft and dont find some creative way to sign ET (unrealistic), its either Boston and/or resign Clay for me. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Ding ding. 

If we make another move pre draft and dont find some creative way to sign ET (unrealistic), its either Boston and/or resign Clay for me. 

I would like Clay back, but only if he is available after the draft and we don't get Burns or Sweat.  And I still want to give Donnerson a chance to football as well as he athletes, while he is cheap.

With the way the draft looks, I would have tried to sign 2 safeties and 1 edge.  

I don't understand why anybody would cut Daniels.  Sure, he had a down year last year (he was hurt a lot) but it's not like he has a track record of that.  It's not like "fewer NFL quality DL" was ever a way to make a team better.

Like there's not a FA out there I'd cut Daniels to sign.

I wouldn't cut Daniels.  However, I don't think I would offer him a third contract next season, at this point.  He does have the whole season to change my mind.  I look at him kind of like I looked at Morgan Burnett last offseason.  He played well for us, and we paid him.  He is no longer an ascending player.  We just have to hope that the replacement for him is better than the replacement for Burnett, and that it isn't complicated by his running mate phoning it in from that point on.

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Ding ding. 

Agreed, unless we could get Breeland for 5 million per year and hope to grab a safety with our late first/early second.

Looks like they are talking about resigning Wilkerson, and I feel like they are going to resign Jake Ryan which I like those moves. I would be okay with resigning Clay especially with his versatility. 

Very unpopular opinion, but how cheap would Randall Cobb have to be for anyone to be ok with bringing him back? Doesn't seem like there are many slot type receivers left on the market, he has experience here plus chemistry with Rodgers, and he could end up being really cheap. 

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I wouldn't cut Daniels.  However, I don't think I would offer him a third contract next season, at this point.  He does have the whole season to change my mind.  I look at him kind of like I looked at Morgan Burnett last offseason.  He played well for us, and we paid him.  He is no longer an ascending player.  We just have to hope that the replacement for him is better than the replacement for Burnett, and that it isn't complicated by his running mate phoning it in from that point on.

I mean, there's still time to draft whoever replaced Daniels (might be a good time to do it high) but don't get rid of guys before you figure out who replaces him.  Like if you take Oliver at 12 or Simmons at 30 or 44, you probably want some vets around still.

10 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Jesus christ. cut daniels?!?!

Tf is wrong with some of you peckerheads?

For some reason, Packer fans like to micromanage the roster like this, as if it’s their money they’re spending. You don’t let Daniels go unless you have his replacement ready or his contract is up and not worth overpaying. It’s why it is insane to cut Jimmy Graham, no matter what Pete Doughboy writes in his journal column. You want to cut Graham with Robert Tonyan and a draft pick that you don’t even know you’ve made yet? It’s pure insanity from people who are trying to outsmart themselves. 

Draft Daniels’ replacement this year. Then he can go next year. 

12 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

Agreed, unless we could get Breeland for 5 million per year and hope to grab a safety with our late first/early second.

Looks like they are talking about resigning Wilkerson, and I feel like they are going to resign Jake Ryan which I like those moves. I would be okay with resigning Clay especially with his versatility. 

Very unpopular opinion, but how cheap would Randall Cobb have to be for anyone to be ok with bringing him back? Doesn't seem like there are many slot type receivers left on the market, he has experience here plus chemistry with Rodgers, and he could end up being really cheap. 

I don’t want Randall back for any amount of money. He has no juice left, and the offense stalled even with him on the field. Thank you for your service, Cobby, but it’s time to be new.

Archived