2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Current wish list to round this thing out: 

1. Sign one of these two: Tre Boston or Breeland

2. Sign one of these two: Clay or Zach Brown

Sleeper signing: Jared Cook

Damn Cookie is still out there too. I'd love a reunion. Garbage TEs are getting 6m per though. He's earned at least 9.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Damn Cookie is still out there too. I'd love a reunion. Garbage TEs are getting 6m per though. He's earned at least 9.

Yea, if you went Cook you'd probably be done given the bigger $$ but could be enticing given history and knowing that Graham is probably 1 and done. 

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Current wish list to round this thing out: 

1. Sign one of these two: Tre Boston or Breeland

2. Sign one of these two: Clay or Zach Brown

Sleeper signing: Jared Cook

At this point, I'd assume they have offers out to Mo Wilkerson and Breeland, and they're about done at that point.

2 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

What is the general feeling with you guys about Tramon coming back? 

Ideally, you'd like to move on and upgrade. Tramon is still a savy vet, but you'd prefer not to rely on him out there at this point, and frankly, isnt' worth his cap hit. That being said, we are so completely depleted at SAF (still thin even after Amos), probably wise to hold onto him until we have a better option. 

Edited by packfanfb

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Anyone hear anything on Brandin Cooks coming here? My buddy just sent me a cryptic message about him.

Yeah like when the board freaked out when Shawn Merriman tweeted about getting cheddar during his workout. Thinking he was on his way to GB. They made a 15 page thread over that tweet lol. I miss the good old days.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Jets deal with Bell is 4 years, $52.5m.  So if he had played on the tag last year then took this deal he would have made $67.5m over 5 years.

Steelers offer that he turned down last year?  5 years, $70m.

Bell done goofed.

Disagree. Reports were they offered 10M guaranteed. Which is less than the franchise tag. You can add as much non-guaranteed funny money to the back end of a deal and he'll take 32M guaranteed every time. 

Bell made the right long term decision if he was worried about his health through a full year. IF you can tell me he 100% would not get hurt, he goofed. Since that is not the case, the Steelers forced his hand by lowballing him. 

• Like 1