2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

30 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don’t know anything about this guy but others are retweeting him.

Aint gonna lie, I'm intrigued by this if he's moved ILB and the price is right.  IMO the last defense we had that we might be able to pawn off as championship caliber was 2014 (until the wheels came off late against Seattle).  That year CM3 was able to stop the bleeding by moving to the middle.  Not only was he solid at ILB but he got 8.5 sacks over an 8 game span when asked to blitz.  It was probably his best stretch of football since his 13 sack campaign in 2013. 

• Like 1

Updated NFL Cuts List. (Green is Packers active involvement)

Offense
QB -  Mike Glennon, Blake Bortles, A.J. McCarron, Blaine Gabbert
RB -  Carlos Hyde,  Daniel Lasco, Alex Collins, 
Isaiah Crowell
FB -  
TE -  Dwayne Allen, Dion Sims, Darren Fells, Jermaine Gresham
OL - Jeremy Parnell,  TJ Lang, Ted Larsen, Garry Gillam, Mike Remmers, Ryan Schraeder, Josh Sitton, Matt Kalil, Josh Kline
WR -  Darren Andrews, Demaryius Thomas, Bruce Ellington, Michael Crabtree, Daniel Williams, Danny Amendola, Jordy Nelson

Defense
S -  Tashaun Gipson, Darian Stewart, Eric Weddle, Johnathan Cyprien, Glover Quinn, Kurt Coleman,  Chris Margos, Antoine BethaJahleel Addae, Eric Berry, Kentrell Brice
CB - Kevin Johnson, Captain Munnerlyn, Nevin Lawson
ILB -  Jamie Collins,  Mark Barron, Josh Bynes, Nicholas Grigsby, Trevor Bates, Zach Brown
OLB -  Sam Acho, Connor Barwin, Andrew Trumbetti, Justin Houston, Nick Perry, Cassis Marsh, Adrian Clayborn
DL - Malik Jackson, Andre Branch, Vinnie Curry, Stacy McGee, Mitch Unrein

ST - Carson Tinker (LS),  Kai Forbath (K), Bryan Anger (P)

Edited by Chili

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

Aint gonna lie, I'm intrigued by this if he's moved ILB and the price is right.  IMO the last defense we had that we might be able to pawn off as championship caliber was 2014 (until the wheels came off late against Seattle).  That year CM3 was able to stop the bleeding by moving to the middle.  Not only was he solid at ILB but he got 8.5 sacks over an 8 game span when asked to blitz.  It was probably his best stretch of football since his 13 sack campaign in 2013. 

Generally I could agree with this but he looked so out of his league athletically last year. It was painful to watch at times. I think trying to compare the 2014 version of Clay to the 2019 version is a mistake. I think he flounders around at ILB next year too, and unfortunately, he'll be given a starting spot because of who he is. 

• Like 1