2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Breeland

Boston

Eifert

Barrett

Wilkerson

If we can find the room for 2 of these guys before going into the draft I'm going to get @Norm levels of drunk before the draft even starts because I'll be jacked about whoever we take because our team will be so much improved over last year.

Sweet

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We probably were not interested in $32m guaranteed. The base number isn't bad, but too rich for us at this point anyways. 

On to the second tier guys to patch a few more holes, then draft time. 

Agreed.  We weren't paying that kind of money for a guy with his injury history.

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We probably were not interested in $32m guaranteed. The base number isn't bad, but too rich for us at this point anyways. 

On to the second tier guys to patch a few more holes, then draft time. 

It'll at least be interesting to read if the Packers even had an offer on the table or reached out, now that he's signed. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Jets deal with Bell is 4 years, $52.5m.  So if he had played on the tag last year then took this deal he would have made $67.5m over 5 years.

Steelers offer that he turned down last year?  5 years, $70m.

Bell done goofed.

Yup.  Was thinking about that on my way into work this AM.  Bell got some bad advice and it cost him a BUNCH of money.  He left last year's huge check on the table and hurt his rep in the process.  

21 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Another guy Packers were linked to signed. Must be the 3.5% African American Population that did it.

So why would hyou think a low percent African American population in Green Bay is why Mark Ingram didn't sign with the Packers. A lot of African American ex-Packers still live in Green bay so i don't get your point.

2 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

So why would hyou think a low percent African American population in Green Bay is why Mark Ingram didn't sign with the Packers. A lot of African American ex-Packers still live in Green bay so i don't get your point.

I think its poking fun at that's why some think FAs dont come to green bay.

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

Interesting read for all the chatter about Free Agents not wanting to play in Green Bay. Agents highlight not the small market but more to do with only a 3.5% African American population in Green Bay as the reason it's harder to get Free Agents there as they feel that could create a "hostile" environment. However, they followed that up with "Once they get there they end up falling in love with everything about the place." 

4 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

It was a sarcastic piggyback from the article above. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Nick_gb

6 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I think its poking fun at that's why some think FAs dont come to green bay.

I mean, realistically a lot of white folks wouldn't want to live in a place that is 96.5% non-white.  Sure, some people would be fine with it, but you know a bunch of people would not be comfortable in that situation.  So it's not surprising it works the other way too.

• Like 1