2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

We need to stop obsessing with what low level random dude works out with. Not GB fans, everyone. This isn't space jam. He can't make kittle hold a football and steal his talent

D-O-N-N-E-R-S-O-N! The next 7th round wonder in Green Bay! 

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

I figure they wanted to add two tight ends this year, and one of them is a blocking one. 

Lewis showed nothing for me last season and also assumed he burnt his bridges with his tv interviews so I figured we would just simply move on and look for another blocking TE elsewhere, maybe day 3 of the draft?

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

We need to stop obsessing with what low level random dude works out with. Not GB fans, everyone. This isn't space jam. He can't make kittle hold a football and steal his talent

Agreed, the year before it was Michael Clark who is now retired.

We need to still draft a guy this year. Tonyan and Lewis can battle for a roster spot

Just now, Chili said:

Lewis showed nothing for me last season and also assumed he burnt his bridges with his tv interviews so I figured we would just simply move on and look for another blocking TE elsewhere, maybe day 3 of the draft?

The TV interview you're referring to was him praising Aaron Rodgers, he wasn't ****ting on him. Come on now, we're Packers fans, not Bears fans. We're not soft ...

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Agreed, but there is value in having a Hackett alumni in the room. Lewis probably doesn’t make it through camp anyways. 

I think after the TT era of only having college free agents in camp, we forgot teams sometimes bring has bens in.

3 minutes ago, Chili said:

Lewis wasn't really given much of an opportunity to showcase anything last year. 

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

This is a move I would've liked a month from now.. not right now w/ limited cap in a position where we could still add a difference maker 

That's why I'm guessing it's for next to nothing aka that minimum salary benefit. Otherwise it seems weird. We'll see I guess

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

I didn't think what he said was terrible but I kind of figured that meant he thought himself he wasn't coming back to some degree

1 minute ago, pacman5252 said:

Agreed, the year before it was Michael Clark who is now retired.

We need to still draft a guy this year. Tonyan and Lewis can battle for a roster spot

And I even like tonyan. But yeah this isn't changing the draft or anything

Archived