2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

38 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't believe there is a 30% chance that he will be healthy for 16 games.  I believe that there is a 100% chance that he will be injured enough that it effects his production for at least part of the season.  Do you disagree?

Eh, all I know is that when he's healthy and motivated, he's a beast that I want on this team, and I'm not as concerned about the money as most people here are.  I'd be concerned if we didn't have millions and millions and millions in cap space.

Don't know why everyone laughs so hard at the notion of going offense over defense.  Lol, so funny, OP31 gets mad, lol.  

We've won a single Super Bowl with Rodgers, and people think it's a coincidence that was the only year we had a top 5 defense?

2011 - Defense.

2012 - Defense.

2013 - Rodgers (in spite of having damn good rookie Lacy, Nelson, prime Cobb, Jones, Bakhtiari, Lang, Sitton, EDS, Tretter) had a poor game and we lost.  OL and offense did not help him.  This was perhaps his worst performance in a playoff game.

2014 - Rodgers, in spite of a damngood offensive supporting cast, had another really bad game. The defense collapsed at the end, special teams, but here is another example of Rodgers having a very strong supporting cast in which he failed to get to the Super Bowl.

2015 - Defense blew it.

2016 - Defense.

We have consistently lost because of poor defenses, and we have consistently failed to win in spite of loaded offenses.

Aaron Rodgers is getting paid more than any other QB in the history of the game.  If he can't get it done with an all-pro WR, two extremely promising second year receivers, an all-pro LT, a top 10 center and Aaron Jones with some free agents and 2nd-7th round picks thrown in, he's a thief.  

30th I don't care.  12th overall better be OT or defense, otherwise it's a damn stupid idiot move.  We need to fix our defense.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Eh, all I know is that when he's healthy and motivated, he's a beast that I want on this team, and I'm not as concerned about the money as most people here are.  I'd be concerned if we didn't have millions and millions and millions in cap space.

That's 2 big ifs ... healthy and motivated.  He has to have both and so far he has shown neither after signing that big contract.  Sitting on the bench being a pine martin doesn't do a thing for this team.  One big year (during his contract year) isn't enough for me to keep hoping he will be healthy and motivated.   

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Good call 👊

Time to buy safeties and go heavy on rushers in the draft. Ha that's terrible value. If I'm Clay's agent I'm asking 10m per at least now.

I think Clay could easily get 4-6m. In the right situation, he could be a nice part time rusher and produce.

It’s still early in the combine, but it seems like they’ve been focusing in a lot of time at the round 1 ol and round 2/3 tes and rbs. There was also a report yesterday that we wanted to sign rushers in FA.

Could just be smoke. A youth movement on O makes sense though. Outside of RB and the non Adams wrs, the rest of the offense is on year 6+ of their careers. From a roster building standpoint there’s a lot of risk with that.

Then on D outside of Daniels we have legitimately all first contract players. Maybe Pettine wants experience.

Landon Collins.  I believe. 

Perfect free agency for me: 

1. Landon Collins and/or: Earl Thomas, Tre Boston, Adrian Phillips, Kenny Vaccaro, Adrian Amos
2. Frank Gore or Adrian Peterson
3. John Brown or Rishard Matthews
4. Tyler Eiffert
5. Mike Iupati or Andy Levitre or Rodger Saffold or James Carpenter or Ramon Foster or Quinton Spain
6. Cameron Wake or Derrick Morgan

12 hours ago, Toddfather said:

Came across this on Reddit. Just adding to the offseason fun :) 

Should add the Haha reply to that "Maybe in a couple of weeks you gonna love it in Green and Gold brudda." Interesting from someone who couldn't wait to get out of GB lol.

Just now, Nick_gb said:

Should add the Haha reply to that "Maybe in a couple of weeks you gonna love it in Green and Gold brudda." Interesting from someone who couldn't wait to get out of GB lol.

Did HaHa seriously say that?!

8 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Apparently Clinton-Dix was working out in GB. He spoke about it on some podcast according to a random person on reddit.

Just now, deathstar said:

In my mind if we want to see the biggest return on our investment for this season we need to bring in veteran defensive help. Rookie defenders aren't going to make this into a top 16 unit. 

I agree, except for EDGE.  We already have veteran defensive help at EDGE if we want it (Perry, Matthews, Fackrell), and really, none of the pass rushers that will be available or affordable for us are going to be any upgrade over Perry, Matthews or Fackrell. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I agree, except for EDGE.  We already have veteran defensive help at EDGE if we want it (Perry, Matthews, Fackrell), and really, none of the pass rushers that will be available or affordable for us are going to be any upgrade over Perry, Matthews or Fackrell. 

Honestly I'm pretty tired of seeing Perry and Matthews 'manning' the edges of our defenses. 

Archived