2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

15 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I mean, there's a good argument that Graham was the only EDGE1 hitting FA. If Justin Houston is traded, the pool will be much worse. Preston Smith must be praying that Houston gets traded

Yeah I really don't think it'll matter lol. Pass rushers are gonna get stupid money IMO

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Has a contract similar to Houston remaining (about $15 mil per year over the next 2). A few years younger than Houston too. I actually like Houston more as a player, but another option out there. 

Agree. I would rather have Houston but he is 2 years older

21 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I mean, there's a good argument that Graham was the only EDGE1 hitting FA. If Justin Houston is traded, the pool will be much worse. Preston Smith must be praying that Houston gets traded

Not sure I'd want Houston at $15 mil per, not at this juncture. 

Though I have seen a few mock offseasons with Everson Griffen becoming a Vikes cap casualty, I'd say he'd be worth a look despite any potential age/injury/scheme concerns he might have. Let's snag some of their guys for a change.

The Falcons have enjoyed depth in the backfield, but they have too long of a line of other players to pay now. They are expected to watch running back Tevin Coleman to walk into free agency. Coleman ran for 800 yards and averaged 4.8 yards per carry last year while Freeman battled injuries.

35 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Here's what it's going to cost: 

I will say, he's the one guy in FA I would gladly "overpay."

Ish no! 30 year old safety for 2019 season, hasnt played a full season last 3 years, wants to be highest paid safety. This is during a time where safeties are getting less and lots of options in free agency. Ish no

Just now, Kenrik said:

Ish no! 30 year old safety for 2019 season, hasnt played a full season last 3 years, wants to be highest paid safety. This is during a time where safeties are getting less and lots of options in free agency. Ish no

Difference for me though is he's a game-changer. He makes everyone around him better. Think Khalil Mack of the secondary. Not many players in the NFL like Earl Thomas even at 30 years old. It's a risk no doubt, but I'd pay $13 mil to Thomas versus $8-9 to any other safety on the market. He's worth the difference IMO. Not sure you can say that about a single other player in FA this year including the rest of the EDGE and SAF crop. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

With Brandon Graham at 30 years old signing for 13 million per, can people PLEASE stop putting EDGE free agents like Zadarious Smith at 9 million per in their mock drafts? 

I mean you could get him at around $12-14 mil per year and still have a 2019 cap hit around $9 mil or so. Just depends on how they structure it.