2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

I totally agree on not accepting PFF as gospel, but  I think it helps reinforce the point that cutting him wouldn't be smart.

Agreed, I thought Bulaga played well and is a top 5 RT when healthy, I just found it funny McCray was #2 on that list. Cutting Bulaga shouldn't even be a conversation. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fox_NFLs_GG said:

So the rumor is that they are not going extend Cobb and allow him to walk. They are going to let Matthews test the market.

I don't bring Cobb back, period.  He's done.  Little injuries really knock his game down to nothing.  Some guys can play with injuries and be okay, he isn't one of them.  He's gotta be one of the "oldest" guys in the NFL under 30.  Physically.

Matthews?  I think it is a wise move to let him "test the market".  I'd take him back as a backup EDGE and backup ILB.  Price needs to be $5M or (hopefully) less for one season.  While not Prime Clay, he's serviceable and he's one of a few vets we've had that has won the big game.  There is a spot for him on this team, but it needs to be at a very reasonable deal.  And...they can put performance bonuses on there to help out along the way.

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Only way you cut Bulaga is if you sign his replacement as a FA.
You want to totally destroy the right side of our OL - cut Bulaga w/o a ready/steady replacement in hand already.

Add on edits:

Rapoport: The Browns are giving LT Greg Robinson a 1-year deal worth up to $9M including play-time incentives, source said. $7M base value. A nice deal for both sides, one that could lead to a long-term relationship in Cleveland if Robinson continues this trajectory.

Herman: Yeah pretty sure Bryan Bulaga is still a steal at $8.2 mil this year.

There is no replacement at his price and skill level he’s a bargain.

• Like 1

Anyone think that our new OL scheme will finally bring the best out of Spriggs? That scheme relies on athleticism, mobility and de-emphasise power all of which fits Spriggs to the T. The blocking techniques is likely going to be different from what Campen taught and whatever he struggled with it's possible he won't have to use those techniques any more.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chili said:

Anyone think that our new OL scheme will finally bring the best out of Spriggs? That scheme relies on athleticism, mobility and de-emphasise power all of which fits Spriggs to the T. The blocking techniques is likely going to be different from what Campen taught and whatever he struggled with it's possible he won't have to use those techniques any more.

Not really, his run blocking isn't the problem.

• Like 1

Not sure where to put this but apparently the Bengals are shopping WR John Ross. 

1) Would he possibly fit as a deep threat this offseason and new scheme kind of need?

2) What would you give up for him and is he worth that?

Me... he’s young and super fast but can he get off the line? Don’t know. If they’re shopping him this soon the price to me goes way down. I think I’d part with a 5th. Don’t think that would get him though. 

9 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Not sure where to put this but apparently the Bengals are shopping WR John Ross. 

1) Would he possibly fit as a deep threat this offseason and new scheme kind of need?

Me... he’s young and super fast but can he get off the line? Don’t know. If they’re shopping him this soon the price to me goes way down. I think I’d part with a 5th. Don’t think that would get him though. 

If we already have something at WR, it's a deep threat. Adams isn't a burner but he's proved time and time again he can leave just about any DB in the dust. MVS has elite wheels, EQ and Kumerow aren't slouches in that regard either. 

Ross was a guy who had bust written all over him, count me out in that transaction. 

13 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Label me as interested.  5'th or later.  He wouldn't be WR1, he wouldn't be WR2, or WR3, maybe he can fight for #4, probably he is WR5.  So while I'm "interested" I have to wonder if we already have his type of player in Trevor Davis, who is entering a contract year (4).  

And honestly, I think you can draft a deep threat with a 3rd or 4'th this year and be just as good off, if not better.  Speed receiver with a lower cap number due to draft position.

What does Ross bring that MVS does not?

MVS

Combine Results
 Pro Day Results
Combine Invite: Yes
Height: 6040
Weight: 206
40 Yrd Dash: 4.37
20 Yrd Dash: 2.58
10 Yrd Dash: 1.55
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15
Vertical Jump: 30 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 
3-Cone Drill: 
No Full Workout-Choice

Dates: 03/26/18 
40 Yrd Dash: 
20 Yrd Dash: 
10 Yrd Dash: 
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 
Vertical Jump: 
Broad Jump: 
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.17
3-Cone Drill: 6.85

Ross

Combine Results
 Pro Day Results
Height: 5106
Weight: 188
40 Yrd Dash: 4.22
20 Yrd Dash: 2.47
10 Yrd Dash: 1.49
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 
Vertical Jump: 37
Broad Jump: 11'01"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 
3-Cone Drill: 

Dates: 03/11/17 
40 Yrd Dash: 
20 Yrd Dash: 
10 Yrd Dash: 
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 
Vertical Jump: 
Broad Jump: 
20 Yrd Shuttle: 
3-Cone Drill: 

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

What does Ross bring that MVS does not?

MVS

Combine Results
 Pro Day Results
40 Yrd Dash: 4.37
20 Yrd Dash: 2.58
10 Yrd Dash: 1.55
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 15
Vertical Jump: 30 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'04"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 
3-Cone Drill: 
No Full Workout-Choice

Dates: 03/26/18 
40 Yrd Dash: 
20 Yrd Dash: 
10 Yrd Dash: 
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 
Vertical Jump: 
Broad Jump: 
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.17
3-Cone Drill: 6.85

Ross

Combine Results
 Pro Day Results
40 Yrd Dash: 4.22
20 Yrd Dash: 2.47
10 Yrd Dash: 1.49
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 
Vertical Jump: 37
Broad Jump: 11'01"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 
3-Cone Drill: 

Dates: 03/11/17 
40 Yrd Dash: 
20 Yrd Dash: 
10 Yrd Dash: 
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 
Vertical Jump: 
Broad Jump: 
20 Yrd Shuttle: 
3-Cone Drill: 

I'll try...quick speed.  In college, the little I saw, he had tremendous burst and could get in and out of cuts very fast.

MVS seemed slower out of the breaks, but that was year one.

Again, I'd have to really watch Ross' collegiate tape and see how he was as a route runner.  And...I'm not doing that.  I'll trust GB to do that.