2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

13 minutes ago, snackattack said:

ignorant question: if we traded for antonio brown, what would our cap hit be?  does it match what his cap hit would have been for the steelers?  or do they eat certain portions of it like the signing and/or roster bonuses?

Brown wants a new deal with his new team .. not sure he'll get it, but that's what they are angling for.

36 minutes ago, snackattack said:

ignorant question: if we traded for antonio brown, what would our cap hit be?  does it match what his cap hit would have been for the steelers?  or do they eat certain portions of it like the signing and/or roster bonuses?

People have answered, but he wants his deal to be restructured. If it wasn't restructured, he would cost appx $15m, $11m and $12m in the next 3 years. If we were to restructure, guaranteeing some aspect of the first 2 years isn't a big deal, but I wouldn't want to touch the 3rd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

People have answered, but he wants his deal to be restructured. If it wasn't restructured, he would cost appx $15m, $11m and $12m in the next 3 years. If we were to restructure, guaranteeing some aspect of the first 2 years isn't a big deal, but I wouldn't want to touch the 3rd. 

I don't want him anywhere near Lambeau unless he has a visitors jersey on. Guy is trouble. 

13 minutes ago, Golfman said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

I don't want him anywhere near Lambeau unless he has a visitors jersey on. Guy is trouble. 

I mean, he's going a little overboard right now. I think that he is frustrated that the media is all in on him instead of what some people perceive to be the real problem in Ben... I think if he was happy he'd shut up like he has. I have no issue with his play or work ethic, but the personality probably isn't a great fit for Green Bay. 

I like to think, will I be upset or worried if a rival gets them? And 100% I would be terrified if Brown went to a direct rival, like the Rams/Saints/Eagles/Bears etc. Many teams can't afford him, and the Vikings make no sense with Diggs and Thielen.

Edited by JBURGE
  • Like 1

I honestly wouldn’t touch Bell. The ONLY way he wins that holdout now is if his plan all along was to take as much guaranteed $ and shut it down and retire. Sorry, being a year older and away from football doesn’t help your shelf life. You lost a year.

Brown doesn’t have the self control for my taste. I’ll pass.

And the Steelers can just go full rebuild now. They slammed their own window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

The value is in NOT restructuring his contract and making him play up to his deal. If he doesn’t, you can cut him and save the entire salary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:
3 hours ago, JBURGE said:

The value is in NOT restructuring his contract and making him play up to his deal. If he doesn’t, you can cut him and save the entire salary.

Well duh, but the fact that he wants to restructure means he may reuse to report without a new deal. The value is obviously the contract amount with zero dead cap, I've been lobbying for that fact since the beginning, but with the new info that he wants gtd money, it lowered his value

1 hour ago, snackattack said:

His deal with the panthers with 8M per if i remember correctly. No reason his next contract ahould be higher imo.

Cap keeps going up, Breeland basically showed he's the same player in his short tenure here. 7-9 should be the ballpark for him. There's really no reason it should be lower either, just because we want it to be. 

If we handed him Tavons same deal I think that's a win for us. 

Edited by HighCalebR

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Cap keeps going up, Breeland basically showed he's the same player in his short tenure here. 7-9 should be the ballpark for him. There's really no reason it should be lower either, just because we want it to be. 

If we handed him Tavons same deal I think that's a win for us. 

7-9 Mil for our 4th CB when Tony Brown is on an ERFA contract?

I think if we hand Breeland 7-9 and don’t get an Earl Thomas we will all know what went wrong.

3 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

7-9 Mil for our 4th CB

you confident rolling into next year w/ king who'll inevitably miss half the year and josh jackson who sucked pretty mightily as our 2/3 CB's? I think we definitely need someone else in the mix. i'm higher on tony than i am josh jackson.