2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

LOL!  He didn't show up on Spotrac.  Guessing he would be a RFA or something like that.

So assuming Clark is around, Clark, Lancaster, Adams and two guys I've never heard of.  

You are correct from what I can see, Lancaster would be an ERFA after 2019 season.

I'd need to see the guarantees with that contract but from where I sit? I'm not looking at Free Agency to fill the Edge need if Graham is coming in at those figures. (Mostly if at 14M)

Edited by Nick_gb

18 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lol free agency is gonna suck

Packers may have to focus on SAF and OG in free agency. Probably going to get best value there. If they can't land a EDGE 1, they could still target some role players there like Copeland, Golden, etc. and then focus on that position early in the draft. 

Man that’s a lot of money for a 30 yr old safety who’s been hurt. But dosent sounds like the cowboys will have an cheap shot at him, although they’ve already met with Thomas.

https://wp.me/p14QSB-aUnJ

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2019/02/28/dallas-cowboys-safety-earl-thomas-representatives-reportedly-met-nfl-scouting-combine

Edited by Arthur Penske

23 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Packers may have to focus on SAF and OG in free agency. Probably going to get best value there. If they can't land a EDGE 1, they could still target some role players there like Copeland, Golden, etc. and then focus on that position early in the draft. 

That's a solid plan and I'd agree that's likely where some value is going to be. But it's going to be one of those where we go through so many guys as they go to other teams and damn, then see the numbers and then go "lol"

Edited by Norm

6 minutes ago, Norm said:
30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That's a solid plan and I'd agree that's likely where some value is going to be. But it's going to be one of those where we go through so many guys as they go to other teams and damn, then see the numbers and then go "lol"

I mean, there's a good argument that Graham was the only EDGE1 hitting FA. If Justin Houston is traded, the pool will be much worse. Preston Smith must be praying that Houston gets traded