Week 11: VIKINGS (5-3-1) at Bears (6-3)

swede700

"Mr. Biscuit" Trubisky is 0-2 vs. the Vikings and has yet to throw over 200 yds against them. How many will he pass for on Sunday night?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. "Mr. Biscuit" Trubisky is 0-2 vs. the Vikings and has yet to throw over 200 yds against them. How many will he pass for on Sunday night?

• 0 -128 yds (1st game vs. the Vikings)
    • 129 - 178 yds (2nd game vs the Vikings
    • 179 - 256 yds (avg this season)
    • 257 - 300 yds
    • 300+ yds

41 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Let's keep it going then!

I know fantasy performance is far from an accurate measure of a players value but puts up good to great scores on a weekly basis so I'm not certain if Trubisky retaining the least valuable player title is a positive for us. 

I am not sure what happens in this game.

Please do not put too much stock into the PFF Trubisky stuff, they have had it out for him all season. Mitch was wildly inconsistent and unproductive in the first 3 games and that has hurt his overall grades, but has been much better recently.

We are a talented team. We will stomp on bad teams. But I am not sure we are consistent enough to beat the Vikings. I think our special teams and offense can make enough mistakes to lose close games to good teams. We should have beaten the Patriots, but allowed 2 special teams TDs.

I think the Vikings win a close game and we see the difference between a team on the rise [Bears] and one that has some experience at the top.

Vikings 23

Bears 21

That being said the Bears can beat the Vikings.

Our defense is better than the Vikings and with Mack healthy we hunt the QB and take the ball away. Our offense can score on you and Trubisky is more mobile than Josh Allen who caused problems with his legs.

10 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

That being said the Bears can beat the Vikings.

Our defense is better than the Vikings and with Mack healthy we hunt the QB and take the ball away. Our offense can score on you and Trubisky is more mobile than Josh Allen who caused problems with his legs.

At least we'll see 2 of the 3 most balanced defenses on Sunday night.  According to Football Outsiders, only the Vikings (#10 vs the run, #4 vs. the pass), Bears (#4 and #2) and Ravens (#7 and #5) are in the top 10 both against the run and against the pass.  

But, I will say that there is no evidence yet that the Bears' offense can score on the Vikings because they haven't done it yet.  I also believe most of us consider the Bills game to be an outlier, as the shock over Everson was still raw in their minds and caused a lot of issues, so I wouldn't take that game as evidence of anything.  That's one of those game where you just burn the tape and move on.  The Vikings handled Trubisky last year...we'll just have to see what happens this year.  

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

At least we'll see 2 of the 3 most balanced defenses on Sunday night.  According to Football Outsiders, only the Vikings (#10 vs the run, #4 vs. the pass), Bears (#4 and #2) and Ravens (#7 and #5) are in the top 10 both against the run and against the pass.  

But, I will say that there is no evidence yet that the Bears' offense can score on the Vikings because they haven't done it yet.  I also believe most of us consider the Bills game to be an outlier, as the shock over Everson was still raw in their minds and caused a lot of issues, so I wouldn't take that game as evidence of anything.  That's one of those game where you just burn the tape and move on.  The Vikings handled Trubisky last year...we'll just have to see what happens this year.  

A lot has changed in a year...

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Let's keep it going then!

Their rating of Trubisky is an absolute joke.  They have given him negative grades on all 4 games where he had a passer rating over 100, including the 6 TD performance against the bucs, and this past Sunday against the lions.  They clearly have no intention in being accurate or objective with his grade whatsoever 

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Their rating of Trubisky is an absolute joke.  They have given him negative grades on all 4 games where he had a passer rating over 100, including the 6 TD performance against the bucs, and this past Sunday against the lions.  They clearly have no intention in being accurate or objective with his grade whatsoever 

Speaking as a Vikings fan of history who watched a lot of Tarvaris Jackson...passer rating means nothing.  :D

7 minutes ago, dafreak said:

A lot has changed in a year...

Very true, but sometimes, the more things change, the more they stay the same...i.e. just look at the Vikings' record at Soldier Field over the past 2 decades.  ;)

I finally think it may have changed under the Zimmer regime, but Soldier Field has been a House of Horrors for the Vikings...from Jim Miller to Chad Hutchinson to Sexy Rexy to Cutler.

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Very true, but sometimes, the more things change, the more they stay the same...i.e. just look at the Vikings' record at Soldier Field over the past 2 decades.  ;)

I finally think it may have changed under the Zimmer regime, but Soldier Field has been a House of Horrors for the Vikings...from Jim Miller to Chad Hutchinson to Sexy Rexy to Cutler.

That's the one thing that concerns me.

Interesting factoid: Some made a lot of Cousins playing his home-state Lions a couple of weeks ago, but he actually grew up slightly closer to Chicago than he did Detroit.

In two career games against the Bears, he's completed 70% of passes for 285 ypg. Only 2 TDs to 1 INT, but also has three rushing touchdowns.

Archived