Coaches on the hot seat

naptownskinsfan

Maryland seems to be holding off their search until after the ConfChamp games this weekend. With permission after to interview Mike Locksley. OC for Bama.

Locksleys lifetime record as a HC so far is 3-31. Somehow, managing to want to hire a coach with even a worse record than Ogerons.

Also Kendal Briles looks like hes staying in Houston. With an extension that lands him in the top 30 pay wise for OCs.

17 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I wonder with Dino Barbers doesn’t get more mention for HC jobs. He had a great year at Syracuse.

I guess because theres no standout job to mention him for. Everythings basically a lateral move. If SoCar, VT, MichSt and such had opened I think youd hear the rumbles. Just like its surprising to hear the Missouri coach had interest in Louisville. Its like, "Why?"

2 hours ago, Dr. Philly said:

The finalists for the Maryland coaching job

Matt Canada

Mike Locksley

Pep Hamilton

It's like the University has no ambition at all. Might as well remove the interim tag from Canada at this point.

Canada did a fantastic job, considering everything that he went through with this- including Durkin still having contact with the coaching staff and influence on the game plan during his administrative leave.  He's definitely deserving of the job at this point.  

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Locksley is 3-31 as a HC.. But spend 2 years as a Bama assistant and youre considered worthy of a P5 job.

It’s funny though, literally no other school is pursuing Locksley for anything even after 3 years there.  Even Sarkisian was pursued after a year there. But you do you, Maryland.

54 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Canada did a fantastic job, considering everything that he went through with this- including Durkin still having contact with the coaching staff and influence on the game plan during his administrative leave.  He's definitely deserving of the job at this point.  

If we were stuck with these 3 options, I would be more than happy with Canada. We'd probably get him on a cheaper deal as well. Only worries with him so far is that when the offense was bad, it was BAD. 

18 minutes ago, BigD88 said:

It’s funny though, literally no other school is pursuing Locksley for anything even after 3 years there.  Even Sarkisian was pursued after a year there. But you do you, Maryland.

Locks is only getting consideration due to him being the favorite coach of every and any recruit in the DMV. NFL guys want Locks to coach at Maryland. The issue is that he stinks. Was hoping the university would do better, but this doesn't surprise me. 

17 minutes ago, Dr. Philly said:

If we were stuck with these 3 options, I would be more than happy with Canada. We'd probably get him on a cheaper deal as well. Only worries with him so far is that when the offense was bad, it was BAD. 

Locks is only getting consideration due to him being the favorite coach of every and any recruit in the DMV. NFL guys want Locks to coach at Maryland. The issue is that he stinks. Was hoping the university would do better, but this doesn't surprise me. 

The problem is that the new coach recruiting bump would be gone after literally one cycle. Then year 2 onfield results will take precedence on the trail and they’re screwed. DMV recruits absolutely love Abdul-Azaar Rahim also. But no good ones have been committing to them for two cycles now because of on-field results and how far away they are from all of the other programs that come in and poach the DMV.

They need a coach who can turn chicken salad into chicken(bleep) with lesser talent, knock off a big dog on occasion (like a Brohm) and build gradually from there. Not a guy who might put together one good class right away with some short-term buzz, but has proven to be a failure on the field, at all other aspects of being the head of a program, and at showing restraint when you feel like punching an assistant in the face.

Archived