Coaches on the hot seat

naptownskinsfan

20 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Who?

@Ozzy?

Pretty self-explanatory the coaches on the Hot Seat.  Most have been fired already and sure some more to come.  Here are the big names I would say in terms of head coaches who potentially go to a bigger programs, or assistants who could maybe be a head coach potentially.  Not many of them, not a ton of big name assistants but the Head coaches move around so much sure some of them will be going to bigger programs like always. 

Matt Campbell HC Iowa State - Best one out there, has done great things for that program and expect him to move up to a bigger program potentially.

Justin Wilcox HC Cal - Impressive what he has done at Cal, sure Cal is not small school but might move up a notch if he could and might get that chance.  

Matt Wells HC Utah State - Has done a great job at that school, produced really well this year, might get a shot moving up just because of that.

Manny Diaz DC Miami FL - Awesome D coordinator, would be surprised if he is not a HC next year.

Brent Venables DC Clemson - Fiery competitive coach, has developed into a great leader.  Might not have HC temperament though but who cares he is intense.

Dave Aranda DC LSU - Does benefit from some great players who would be great regardless of the coach, still has head coach persona that is for sure.

Dan Enois AHC/QB Alabama - Odd he has that low of ranking, thought he would be the OC but sure has learned a lot, would be shocked if he is not a HC next year.

Greg Schiano DC Ohio State - Might get another shot after all that situation last year, might want another chance to be the man.

Jake Spavital OC West Virginia - Offensive mind for sure, might not get that chance now but might be a HC sooner rather than later.

Josh Gattis OC/WR Alabama - Probably not a head coach right now but surprisingly solid track record.  Former super star safety on Wake Forest can apparent coach quite well.

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25375614/florida-state-denounces-racist-post-featuring-coach-willie-taggart

Stay classy FSU. 

Keeping things on track though, FSU really did it when they hired Willie. They need to resign themselves to a payout and cut their losses before he sets them back five years. 

They'll probably have a few players leave their class, but it's still a good one, especially given the circumstances. That being said, the program was in a worse spot than people thought when Jimbo left, and a complete turnaround was unlikely. Their collection of OL talent has to be among the worst in the country, even with some highly ranked players. Of course, they now only have 1 OL in the class, and it's a guard, so help is needed, but firing a guy after one year is not a good way to attract strong HCs (even if it is FSU)

2 hours ago, JammerHammer21 said:

They'll probably have a few players leave their class, but it's still a good one, especially given the circumstances. That being said, the program was in a worse spot than people thought when Jimbo left, and a complete turnaround was unlikely. Their collection of OL talent has to be among the worst in the country, even with some highly ranked players. Of course, they now only have 1 OL in the class, and it's a guard, so help is needed, but firing a guy after one year is not a good way to attract strong HCs (even if it is FSU)

The program is in a worse spot because Taggart and his staff are terrible. I'm actually quite surprised that the OL performed as badly as it did because Greg Frey had a good reputation. That all said, UF's OL was expected to be a major liability this year, and it ended up being a very good unit. That's because our OL Coach, John Hevesy, is one of the best in the game. Simply put, if you take Dan Mullen and his staff and switch them with Taggart's staff in December of last year, I bet you that FSU is a 9 or 10 win team.

tbh, I thought Taggart's staff at FSU was Waaaay underwhelming. I thought he would do better since he built a pretty good staff here but I guess the writing was on the wall when the only 2 position coaches that left with him were our 2 worst coaches and his long-term buddies. They also go over 100% raises.

Archived