Coaches on the hot seat

naptownskinsfan

10 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Locksley is a slam dunk? There's more to coaching than recruiting. Ask Tim Brewster. The man is 3-31 as a HC.

Obviously.....

What I will say is who his coordinators are will be critical, but like I said, still a slam dunk. He can keep a lot of the stud prospects in state and with any type coaching, can make waves in the B1G east. I will even go as far to say he could do similar to what Ron Zook (Who Locksley was the main recruiter for, and brought the likes of (Vonte Davis, Arrelious Benn, Corey Liuget, Whiney Mercilus, Martez Wilson, Josh Brent, Rashard Mendenhall, Mikel Leshurem Jon Asamoah, and Juice Williams) did in Illinois. Just how I see it.

6 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Obviously.....

What I will say is who his coordinators are will be critical, but like I said, still a slam dunk. He can keep a lot of the stud prospects in state and with any type coaching, can make waves in the B1G east. I will even go as far to say he could do similar to what Ron Zook (Who Locksley was the main recruiter for, and brought the likes of (Vonte Davis, Arrelious Benn, Corey Liuget, Whiney Mercilus, Martez Wilson, Josh Brent, Rashard Mendenhall, Mikel Leshurem Jon Asamoah, and Juice Williams) did in Illinois. Just how I see it.

Zook lost more games than he won.

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

He also took Illinois to a Rose Bowl,You obviously missed my point so moving on......

Your point that he can bring talent to Maryland? That doesn't do you any good if you can't coach it up. How many coaches ended up being even moderately successful in CFB after failing to the extent Locksley did?

I tried telling people this about Willie Taggart last year. Nobody listened. Maryland botched this hire badly. They're not a terrible program. With the right hire, they could be a solidly competitive team. This was not that hire.

21 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Your point that he can bring talent to Maryland? That doesn't do you any good if you can't coach it up. How many coaches ended up being even moderately successful in CFB after failing to the extent Locksley did?

I tried telling people this about Willie Taggart last year. Nobody listened. Maryland botched this hire badly. They're not a terrible program. With the right hire, they could be a solidly competitive team. This was not that hire.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:02 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

What I will say is who his coordinators are will be critical

This is my point, plus there is a such thing as learning from past mistakes

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This is my point, plus there is a such thing as learning from past mistakes

Yes, his coordinators are important, but can you think of any coach who learned THAT much from his past mistakes? We're talking 3-31 here.

Whisenhunt has removed his name from consideration for the GT job.

Lead candidate seems to be the Temple coach Geoff Collins. Who is from the Atlanta area himself. 

Collins was DC at Florida before the Temple job. Any Gator fans with any input or thoughts on the man?

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Maryland might be landing Alabamas WR coach as OC in Josh Gattis. Josh could be interviewing for the App St job first though. Which if he got. Would put money on Dan Enos, the Bama QB/Associate HC.

I thought/think Gattis was going to get the Bama OC job.

Either way somewhere the need to replace Locksley not really as OC which will be easy enough, but as their DMV recruiter. If Gattis goes that gives them two positions to possibly fill that role rather than 1.

2 hours ago, mse326 said:

I thought/think Gattis was going to get the Bama OC job.

Either way somewhere the need to replace Locksley not really as OC which will be easy enough, but as their DMV recruiter. If Gattis goes that gives them two positions to possibly fill that role rather than 1.

Yeah there’s no way Saban lets both Gattis and Enos leave.  In fact, they might wind up Co-OC at Bama.  

Archived