2019 NFL QB Draft Prospects

BaldyBronco

11 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

One great line from a scout at the Senior Bowl regarding QB's; "Lock looked like the best of the bunch but thats not saying much"

The knocks against the top guys are real deal killers. Jones described as innaccurate and very inconsistent should move him out of the first IMO.

Stidham had better reviews than most of the top guys. Anyway, I know a lot of you want a QB at #10. Just who should that be?

I'm on board with saying id love too trade down get a guy like thorson or Rypien in round 3. And build the trenches and the holes. 

Hopefully if you can't get assets next year  elway just goes bpa and just tries to field a complete team. And still get a qb in round 3.

Bur gun to my head if you're telling me elways going qb at 10 . Lock it is but their eval of him better be great.  

I'm excited for the game today. 

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm on board with saying id love too trade down get a guy like thorson or Rypien in round 3. And build the trenches and the holes. 

Hopefully if you can't get assets next year  elway just goes bpa and just tries to field a complete team. And still get a qb in round 3.

Bur gun to my head if you're telling me elways going qb at 10 . Lock it is but their eval of him better be great.  

I'm excited for the game today. 

The top two-three rounds are a goldmine for OL/DL/ILB. Very strong and deep. I've heard the same about WR but I'll trust others opinions there.

Top tier at CB looks great.

Taking a flyer on a QB at #10 will cost you a pro bowl player at another position. 

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

The top two-three rounds are a goldmine for OL/DL/ILB. Very strong and deep. I've heard the same about WR but I'll trust others opinions there.

Top tier at CB looks great.

Taking a flyer on a QB at #10 will cost you a pro bowl player at another position. 

I agree couple up with a fact it might require a trade up and a possible loss of a second talented player. 

35 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I agree couple up with a fact it might require a trade up and a possible loss of a second talented player. 

I'm no QB evaluator, I leave that to others. What I've now heard from multiple sources is that not one QB this year would have cracked last years top 4. 

I don't believe Elway would take that kind of gamble with the 10th pick. I could see him trading down, picking up another second  to take advantage of the wealth of talent in the trenches and positions of need. There will be some real jewels to be had on day two.

30 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

I'm no QB evaluator, I leave that to others. What I've now heard from multiple sources is that not one QB this year would have cracked last years top 4. 

I don't believe Elway would take that kind of gamble with the 10th pick. I could see him trading down, picking up another second  to take advantage of the wealth of talent in the trenches and positions of need. There will be some real jewels to be had on day two.

Not really hearing the same thing.  Most I’ve heard have Lock ahead of Allen in most respects. 

1 hour ago, AKRNA said:

Even if they don’t crack those top 4 (which 2 of them do or are at least debatable) doesn’t make them the wrong pick at #10.

A draft can’t be compared to a previous or future one to begin with.  Every draft/team is different.

For example, 2 of these guys are probably better than Alex Smith as prospects, Daniel Jones physically is very comparable to Smith and Alex Smith was the #1 pick in the draft.  So in comparison to that season, we have 3 to 4 guys capable of going 1.1 overall.

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Well Maholmes is a freak of nature, we're not finding another one of those.  Seriously the things Maholmes does throwing accurately, with extraordinary power and while totally out of position are things I haven't ever seen anyone other than Aaron Rodgers do. 

That being said, one piece I read said that Scangarello calls plus arm strength a "non-negotiable" trait a QB in his offense must have. So Jones, is who is a slightly taller version of Case Keenum, might not be a fit from the physical perspective for our coaching staff. 

This worries me. Between Scangarello saying tat and Elway's history of picking big armed guys I'm worried we might look for the same mould as Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch.

57 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

This worries me. Between Scangarello saying tat and Elway's history of picking big armed guys I'm worried we might look for the same mould as Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch.

I'm worried but I'll give them a chance I still have hope. Elway did a good job in hiring Vic and filling that staff. 

I found it interesting elway was raving about the deleware safety at the end of the day to end the senior bowl.

A guy whos a first round pick

On 1/27/2019 at 5:08 AM, thebestever6 said:

I'm worried but I'll give them a chance I still have hope. Elway did a good job in hiring Vic and filling that staff. 

The Broncos PR team has done a good job selling the new coaching staff and a lot of the local media is eating it up but I'm still, at best, only lukewarm about Vic. 

Did I hear correctly that Scangarello didn't even go to the Senior Bowl?

8 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

The Broncos PR team has done a good job selling the new coaching staff and a lot of the local media is eating it up but I'm still, at best, only lukewarm about Vic. 

Did I hear correctly that Scangarello didn't even go to the Senior Bowl?

He didn't  but to me it's a not issue those guys are gonna see all the tape. The prospects they like will still visit before the draft. Idk how much visiting coaches have impact wise towards being at the senior bowl for they're respected teams.

And it's find to be lukewarm on Vic that's fair. But, I still respect elway for moving on from Kubiak. It shows he's growing somewhat. 

Archived