GDT: Boys in bird hunting season v Falcons

Matts4313

19 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Connor is best served by building in the weight room. But there is a lot to like in his game.

Agreed.

As for Su'a-Filo, pretty crazy to think how far he has come and that he may end up being the stabilizing force to an otherwise underachieving OL. 

Give Williams a full offseason in a NFL weight program, your gonna see some noticeable difference. Everyone knew his weakness was strength going into this season. 

Id really like to see what he can do at RT and flip Collins to Guard next year. 

48 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why? Its strength v strength and weakness v weakness. 

We've never beaten Ryan and Julio in their time together and we're banged up on both sides of the LOS. I don't trust our OL on the road. We've allowed a passer rating of 109 the last two weeks as Mariota and Wentz have repeatedly found wide open receivers against our zone. Matt Ryan is having a season on par with his 2016 MVP year working with one of the top skill player corps in the league.

Basically, I don't think our OL and secondary will be significant impediments to their WRs and pass rushers, nor will our offense keep pace with theirs. But we'll see. They are banged up on the OL as well- but just so, we might be without 4 or 5 players on the defensive front.

20 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

We've never beaten Ryan and Julio in their time together.

I don't really understand where this narrative that we have an exceptionally bad history against the Falcons.

Ryan and Julio have played the Cowboys just 3 times. And one of those games we nearly won with Brandon Weeden as our starting quarterback and Joseph Randle as our starting runningback.

26 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don't really understand where this narrative that we have an exceptionally bad history against the Falcons.

Ryan and Julio have played the Cowboys just 3 times. And one of those games we nearly won with Brandon Weeden as our starting quarterback and Joseph Randle as our starting runningback.

I'm aware it's only been three games, and there have been substantial roster changes on both sides, but the foundation of Atlanta's team remains the combination of those two players, and we've yet to truly contain them. I just don't see that changing.

47 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If Garrett wishes to continue his never-ending quest for 8-8, we need this win. Can’t be .500 at 4-6.

Why do I get the feeling that even if we made a superbowl, you would probably still talk ish about Garrett. Probably even if we won it.

41 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Why do I get the feeling that even if we made a superbowl, you would probably still talk ish about Garrett. Probably even if we won it.

Have no fear, you won’t need to worry about whether I would or wouldn’t because we’ll never reach one, let alone win one, with him as coach and Quincy as QB.

Archived