Dakota more clutch than Wentz?

rocky_rams

12 minutes ago, Bobikus said:

True, but I think it's more in a negative sense of some players being horribly "un-clutch" rather than anyone having some "clutch gene"?  Handling pressure and being "clutch" is what is expected of a starter quality player, and the ones that falter under that pressure are the ones that soon find themselves holding clipboards or watching the games from home.

See Eagles fans, Wentz is the knew clipboard Jesus. But good news, thats how you won your superbowl. 

^ there is multiple levels to that joke.^

None of them probably all that funny though. 

57 minutes ago, Bobikus said:

True, but I think it's more in a negative sense of some players being horribly "un-clutch" rather than anyone having some "clutch gene"?  Handling pressure and being "clutch" is what is expected of a starter quality player, and the ones that falter under that pressure are the ones that soon find themselves holding clipboards or watching the games from home.

I agree, I don't think anyone magically gets better under pressure.   

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This is false. 

5 of those losses were year 1. Which means 6 were from year 2/3 (which is roughly 1 full season due to injury) 

The number is not including just the last drive. For example against KC he counted the last *3* drives that Wentz failed on.

Your next paragraph is irrelevant, because you didnt follow the premise.

Wentz performs significantly worse statistically. 

YOU WROTE AN ENTIRE NOVEL AND WERE WRONG ON EVERY SINGLE POINT!

giphy.gif

<3 RMIB

Are you Cole Patterson or something? I just re-read the article, nowhere did he clarify his process. So I take it every 4th quarter drive within 1 score while behind counted? Is every failed drive an L, every successful drive a W? So 1 game can have multiple Ws/Ls? I assume so based on what you've said. Furthermore, why not just use passer rating?

My last paragraph isn't irrelevant at all even if I misunderstood this guy's process. It was still breaking down what actually happened in Wentz's 2017 GW opportunities, which surely you care about if you want to take a serious look at this topic (or at least his last few, since I didn't realize this was entire 4th quarter being looked at).

You looking to bring down Wentz in any way you can is not cute any more, it just sad. Now I actually would agree Dak has shown nerves of steel, it's one of the few qualities of his game I would praise. He saves his best for last. Wentz has not shown the same nerves of steel, his 2017 was mostly comfy leads thanks to his great play, and his 7 2018 games thus far has been a mixed bad, with him driving us down the field on a beautiful 7 minute drive in the Indy game to take the lead, but also choking away the Panthers game. However, I would liken this comparing Rodgers to Tebow. Sure, the latter might actually be better on paper his final few drives, but the former is just so blatantly superior via iTest, and on paper for the first 55 minutes, that such a comparison is not worth taking seriously and nobody would take the latter over the former with the game on the line. That's not to say Wentz=Rodgers, Dak=Tebow, the comparison isn't quite outrageous, but I think it's to the point where >95% of non-Eagles/Cowboys fans would share the same opinion, and whenever there is such a strong consensus, it is probably not a conversation worth having.

If Wentz really is a "choke artist" in the same vein as Peyton, that'll honestly be too bad, but fortunately there is reason to hope he will eventually be good enough that we will not face many 4th quarter deficits, a la Peyton. Although if this stat is in fact measuring every 4th quarter drive down by 8 or less points, 14 is a pretty minuscule sample size, so I won't be too worried just yet.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

You still havent found an ability to read sarcasm and joke post. As for your post, its too long for me to read and I dont care.

Trolling ≠ sarcasm... Furthermore, you can hardly blame me for struggling to pick up on your "trolling" or "joke posts" when in the recent past you have earnestly made statements such as "Dak makes better and more accurate throws [than Wentz]. He is more likely to keep the chains moving. He is better at reading the defense. He is also as good, if not a better, scrambler. He has better pocket presence. He is less likely to take a sack. He is less likely to throw an INT. He is smarter in all aspects of the game." Even going as far as likening Dak to some combination of Steve Young and Tom Brady.

This is actually you now:

PWehkLx.png

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Furthermore, you can hardly blame me for struggling to pick up on your "trolling" or "joke posts" when in the recent past you have earnestly made statements such

I can fault you, because 90% of everyone else picks up on it. You are just incapable. Thats okay. Some people jsut have no sense of humor. 

And recent past? That was like after game 2 of *LAST* year. Right after the rookie season where it was referring to a stats that all said that. Dak had better completion percentage, better TD/INT, basically better everything than Wentz.

But good job trying to rewrite history.

9 hours ago, Bobikus said:

If that were the case, wouldn’t their GWD stats/performance eventually average out to whatever their typical non-4th quarter stats/performance are?

I don’t have numbers in front of me, but I’d wager there are some players that have better stats and scoring % on GWDs than they do on any other given drive.

9 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

If that were the case, wouldn’t their GWD stats/performance eventually average out to whatever their typical non-4th quarter stats/performance are?

Not necessarily because it's still a different situation in terms of how playcalling on both sides of the ball operate.

Archived