Dakota more clutch than Wentz?

rocky_rams

Image result for laughing gif

To answer OP, not not really. I mean almost all of those Ls must be from year 1, and he's improved a lot since then.

I know he didn't have a GW drive opportunity in either of his 2017 Ls (Chiefs, Seahawks... he got the ball with 5 seconds in the Chiefs game, which I'm sure this guy is counting as an L).

This year there's been 3 GW drive opportunies in his 4 losses. I'm not sure how the Titans one would count since it was OT and he left the field with a lead in OT. The Panthers game was certainly concerning since Wentz made 2 mistakes he hadn't really made the entire game, and you can blame him for that drive falling short: first with a should have been INT, then not seeing a wide open Smallwood in the flat. Then there's the Cowboys game where if you watched, he played fine, the 3rd down pass to CC that LVE made the amazing play on and then Ertz not running his route past the sticks killed that 1st attempt, then he had a 2nd attempt with less than a 1 minute and no TOs which I wouldn't really count, but again he did what he needed that drive too, just not much you can do with so little time when you need 7.  

So in the last 2 years, he's only fallen short on 2 true GW opportunities, and he only did a poor job in of those drives. I wouldn't call him clutch, you need to prove that, but certainly don't view him as a choke artist as there's really only been 1 instance of him choking that I can recall.

And if the OP is asking if this concerns me in terms of Dak having better number than Wentz in this stat, no. There is not a single number you could throw at me on Dak that would make me concerned with our QB situation relative to there's. Dak has simply shown himself to be an incomplete QB, any comparison is preposterous at this point in time.

9 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Image result for laughing gif

To answer OP, not not really. I mean almost all of those Ls must be from year 1, and he's improved a lot since then.

I know he didn't have a GW drive opportunity in either of his 2017 Ls (Chiefs, Seahawks... he got the ball with 5 seconds in the Chiefs game, which I'm sure this guy is counting as an L).

This year there's been 3 GW drive opportunies in his 4 losses. I'm not sure how the Titans one would count since it was OT and he left the field with a lead in OT. The Panthers game was certainly concerning since Wentz made 2 mistakes he hadn't really made the entire game, and you can blame him for that drive falling short: first with a should have been INT, then not seeing a wide open Smallwood in the flat. Then there's the Cowboys game where if you watched, he played fine, the 3rd down pass to CC that LVE made the amazing play on and then Ertz not running his route past the sticks killed that 1st attempt, then he had a 2nd attempt with less than a 1 minute and no TOs which I wouldn't really count, but again he did what he needed that drive too, just not much you can do with so little time when you need 7.  

So in the last 2 years, he's only fallen short on 2 true GW opportunities, and he only did a poor job in of those drives. I wouldn't call him clutch, you need to prove that, but certainly don't view him as a choke artist as there's really only been 1 instance of him choking that I can recall.

And if the OP is asking if this concerns me in terms of Dak having better number than Wentz in this stat, no. There is not a single number you could throw at me on Dak that would make me concerned with our QB situation relative to there's. Dak has simply shown himself to be an incomplete QB, any comparison is preposterous at this point in time.

This is false. 

5 of those losses were year 1. Which means 6 were from year 2/3 (which is roughly 1 full season due to injury) 

The number is not including just the last drive. For example against KC he counted the last *3* drives that Wentz failed on.

Your next paragraph is irrelevant, because you didnt follow the premise.

Wentz performs significantly worse statistically. 

Career game-winning drive opportunity records Dak Prescott: 11-9 (.550),  Nick Foles: 10-12 (.455),  Carson Wentz: 3-11 ( .214).

QBR on those drives Dak - 79.3,  Foles - 59.3,  Wentz - 51.4.     

One of Wentz's 3 GWD was a 61-yd FG by Elliott.

He had 3 drives before that when it was tied or one score. His INT set up KC's GW TD.

https://mobile.twitter.com/fo_scottkacsmar/status/1062102192994304000?s=21

YOU WROTE AN ENTIRE NOVEL AND WERE WRONG ON EVERY SINGLE POINT!

giphy.gif

<3 RMIB

Wentz is starting to look like better Kirk Cousins. Puts up a lot of really good empty stats, but does not have any sort of clutch gene. When do we put the choker label on him? 

My guess will be once he finally plays in a playoff game and chokes. And before anyone points it out, when Dak walked off the field against GB, he had just put his team in the lead. Because Dak is clutch. His defense lost the game. 

(puts on flame retardant suit, waits for this to show up in the Philly Forum... Will be watching with a sly grin as they lose their minds.)

(this comment was trollol. I actually do think Dak is more clutch than Wentz, but Wentz is the better QB)

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Wentz is starting to look like better Kirk Cousins. Puts up a lot of really good empty stats, but does not have any sort of clutch gene. When do we put the choker label on him? 

My guess will be once he finally plays in a playoff game and chokes. And before anyone points it out, when Dak walked off the field against GB, he had just put his team in the lead. Because Dak is clutch. His defense lost the game. 

(puts on flame retardant suit, waits for this to show up in the Philly Forum... Will be watching with a sly grin as they lose their minds.)

(this comment was trollol. I actually do think Dak is more clutch than Wentz, but Wentz is the better QB)

Nah that Fan based is beat. No one post besides Danger and Moss.. They're like a beat up dog. They expect to lose every game now lol.

I've never seen that in my life. Even Brown fans are still clamoring about their seasons and bear fans think they're roster is loaded with pro bowlers. 

The Philly boys turned into some good ol boys. 

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This is delicious 

4 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

The way it's generally discussed yes.  Some players do handle pressure situations better than others though.

True, but I think it's more in a negative sense of some players being horribly "un-clutch" rather than anyone having some "clutch gene"?  Handling pressure and being "clutch" is what is expected of a starter quality player, and the ones that falter under that pressure are the ones that soon find themselves holding clipboards or watching the games from home.

Archived