Dakota more clutch than Wentz?

rocky_rams

2 hours ago, Bobikus said:

Not necessarily because it's still a different situation in terms of how playcalling on both sides of the ball operate.

Maybe, but then you could use the same case for players who falter under pressure.

I don’t think it’s outlandish to think that when some players (or some people in general, really) know that there’s a lot more on the line, they are more focused/on point. Maybe it’s an effort thing more so than a clutch thing, but I think there are definitely people that change their level of play at the end of a close game - for better or worse.

30 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Maybe, but then you could use the same case for players who falter under pressure.

I don’t think it’s outlandish to think that when some players (or some people in general, really) know that there’s a lot more on the line, they are more focused/on point. Maybe it’s an effort thing more so than a clutch thing, but I think there are definitely people that change their level of play at the end of a close game - for better or worse.

I think confidence plays a part in this as well. 

1 hour ago, Blackstar12 said:

Players being “clutch” is one of the most played out things in sports. Especially in the NFL where the player needs things out of his control to go right.

Sometimes, but sometimes he creates it all. You can say someone catching the ball is out of the QB's control, but placing the ball in stride and making it easy to catch IS in his control. I agree it's an over-done phrase, but I also think it's in the QB's hands quite often.

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Players being “clutch” is one of the most played out things in sports. Especially in the NFL where the player needs things out of his control to go right.

I disagree. Some people just do better under pressure than others. Been like that throughout humanity's existence.

I remember a story about Ken Stabler. He was a pitcher as a child and at the end of the game when they needed he struck out the opposing team. He was Mr. Cool, and he wasnt phased at all by pressure

His father asked him afterwards how he did it. If hed been up there he wouldve cracked.

19 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I disagree. Some people just do better under pressure than others. Been like that throughout humanity's existence.

I remember a story about Ken Stabler. He was a pitcher as a child and at the end of the game when they needed he struck out the opposing team. He was Mr. Cool, and he wasnt phased at all by pressure

His father asked him afterwards how he did it. If hed been up there he wouldve cracked.

I was mainly taking about the NFL where so many things have to go right around you to make it even possible. It’s not like Baseball or Basketball where there’s more pressure to come up big.

Just now, Blackstar12 said:

I was mainly taking about the NFL where so many things have to go right around you to make it even possible. It’s not like Baseball or Basketball where there’s more pressure to come up big.

For a QB, some cant handle late game pressure. Those that can regularly are clutch imo.

On 11/15/2018 at 10:13 AM, Matts4313 said:

Wentz is starting to look like better Kirk Cousins. Puts up a lot of really good empty stats, but does not have any sort of clutch gene. When do we put the choker label on him?

(this comment was trollol.)

Boi, I was about to burn you alive. You put some respek on Kirk's name.

On 11/15/2018 at 8:06 AM, Matts4313 said:

This is false. 

5 of those losses were year 1. Which means 6 were from year 2/3 (which is roughly 1 full season due to injury) 

The number is not including just the last drive. For example against KC he counted the last *3* drives that Wentz failed on.

Your next paragraph is irrelevant, because you didnt follow the premise.

Wentz performs significantly worse statistically. 

YOU WROTE AN ENTIRE NOVEL AND WERE WRONG ON EVERY SINGLE POINT!

giphy.gif

<3 RMIB

Who cares. Dakota deserves the largest QB contract in nfl history. I’m sure Jerry is working out the kinks 

1 hour ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Mhmm I remember to say that to the sweet old man that lived down our street that went his whole life without seeing a championship as an eagles fan.

Can’t wait for those mega extensions to come in for your qb and hc

Archived