Week 11 Post-Game: Packers 24 Seahawks 27

Packer_ESP

34 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I wish the NFL kept track of pace, but I'm pretty sure our pace is way lower than it used to be.

Agreed, the last couple weeks have been better also. We'd been up to the line earlier in the playclock too. Those 2 times outs in the second half were both killers but sucked we blew one on the deep catch by Adams and the other i think when AJ got dinged up. It seems like the last couple years allot of little things cripple us. Heck yesterday bad calls were aplenty going against us.

Oh well it is what it is.........i would love it if MM could get it together i'd love nothing more then to have MM an MAC do what BB and Brady and Payton and Brees are doing. Just not seeing it happen maybe it's talent and maybe MM gets another year. I doubt it though.

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

More on the Saints ongoing evolution under Payton...

That's insane.  Why would anybody revise and try to improve an offense that had become predictable.

The Pack's offense was predictable in 2012 and nothing has changed.  What are the Saints doing?  Mardi Gras all the time?

39 minutes ago, chucknorris101 said:

If nothing else we definitely run way less hurry up. We used to almost use it as a base offense at certain points of the game

I totally agree with CWs comment about pace. The guys look to be standing around and moving in slow motion. Just burning clock.

My only guess it thats because of all the rookies on the field. Cant think of another reason cause I cant remember it ever being this slow.

my keys to the game: (from pregame thread)

stop rashaad penny.  When he is on the field, it's pretty much a run tell.  Guy doesn't have it all there from getting the offense, but he's talented with the ball.

Well, we didn't really stop penny at all.  He made big plays with the ball breaking tackles and eluding inept DBs.

Carson is their best overall back, they are a more dangerous team when he's in because he can play all three phases.  Mike Davis is JAG.

They didn't do too much passing to Carson, but he was also effective after his 1st carry fumble.  All 3 backs averaged over 5 ypc together.

Baldwin is looking better week by week.  Don't sleep on that connection and put JA on him.

JA didn't shadow baldwin, and he didn't even look great when he did.  JJ was way worse.

Call TOs on D after wilson makes big plays, and play to contain and make him throw from the pocket where he is really average.

Defense did a pretty good job of this.

Clark/Daniels have to win the game on the defensive side.  No reason they can't dominate

Started out like this, Daniels got hurt.

Pettine scheme should have this team prepared to keep wilson in pocket and stop the zone read.

They did a great job of this until the last drive when it was obvious that he would do exactly that.

ESB and MVS on deep crossing routes.  Size and speed running across the zones opens up things for everyone.

We ran more than a few of these concepts.  We also ran Davante on deep vertical routes which is the opposite of this.  ESB majorly screwed one up.  Rodgers left a bunch out there.

Shotgun running that stresses their all pro LBs and prevents them from playing downhill.

Did a great job of this in 1st half.  yeah...

PA passes that get the ball in behind those LBs on quick hitters to TEs and slants.  Rodgers needs to throw with anticipation which is never his strength.

Nope, none of this whatsoever.

Big plays come when you make them cover for a while and can escape the pocket.  Graham will find the holes in the zone.

The two big plays were on play action, one out of the pocket, and one on a rare blitz by seattle.  The other big plays were left out on the field by Rodgers.

In sum, we accomplished only 2 of the 7 things on D, and maybe 1.5 of these things on O out of 5 things.

28 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

broke his thumb

Hmmmm.....as mentioned. Not good moving forward.
Hopefully Lewis and Tonyan can make something happen. Kendricks I'll be happy with whatever he can contribute - but none of the other TEs are the threat Graham is in the passing game - so the offense will suffer. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Daniel Jeremiah:  The Packers have some good individual players but they are such an average team.

What's that thing called where they take a group of talented people and make them better when they work as a team? We sure could use a new one of those. 

18 minutes ago, Golfman said:

What's that thing called where they take a group of talented people and make them better when they work as a team? We sure could use a new one of those. 

If there's a list of those that want to replace MM - your name is certainly on it. We got it.

Archived