You Are In Control. Who Replaces McCarthy?

MacReady

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

And SF regrets it.

I have no clue how Gute and Harbs would click personally, but I'd love Harbs the coach here.

They would've been good longer for sure, but he was slowly losing the locker room too. The bottom was falling out of that team eventually. There's only one 1-man show that can stand the test of time and that's BB.

5 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Matt Nagy had called a handful of games before the Bears inked him ... quite a gamble if you ask me, but it seems to have worked out for the Bears early on.

No doubt.  But the reports you got out of Kansas City were strong.  I wasn't a big fan of his, but he turned out well.

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Don't you know .. it's all Rodgers fault.

Well wait a minute Ghost.

We've supposedly got the second coming at QB.

Now look at this production:

Packers possessions after scoring their 2nd touchdown:
3 plays - 4 yards
4 plays - 21 yards
7 plays - 28 yards
4 plays - 9 yards
3 plays - (-12) yards
5 plays - 12 yards
Muffed punt

26 plays
62 yards
5 punts
1 turnover on downs
1 muffed punt

Now - I think our OL play sucks - but thats an uninformed opinion - but damn. Thats some seriously ***** production no?
The QB gets a pass on that?
Sure - if your name is Brett Hundley.

Now - you dont think AR shares some blame here - explain that production.

15 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, I dunno. Either way, we should have the pick of the litter when it comes to coaches regardless. Hard to see Riley leaving Oklahoma tho.

I would absolutely agree, Green Bay is probably going to be the most attractive spot.  If Cleveland didn't have the management issues, I'd say they might be a bit more attractive.  But I'd agree Lincoln isn't leaving Oklahoma.  At least not yet.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

They would've been good longer for sure, but he was slowly losing the locker room too. The bottom was falling out of that team eventually. There's only one 1-man show that can stand the test of time and that's BB.

And quite frankly if I'm in charge I swallow my pride and say "huh, this guy wins at everything he does. Perhops my best move is to marry his ideas with my own instead of pretending I have all the answers."

I mean Harbs has far more success than Gute does...

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

And quite frankly if I'm in charge I swallow my pride and say "huh, this guy wins at everything he does. Perhops my best move is to marry his ideas with my own instead of pretending I have all the answers."

Except he doesn't.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Except he never won it all just like he can't at Michigan. He rode a QB gimmick fad while it lasted and when the league figured it out, he didn't really have a plan B. He lost some of the vets on D and their drafting hit a lull. 

Harbaugh is a turn it around coach. He instills a culture, he gets young players to buy in, then you move on and get someone better with X's and Os and more of a players coach to win it all. He's not the guy you hand the keys to a franchise in this state too. He's a rebuilding coach.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Except he never won it all just like he can't at Michigan. He rode a QB gimmick fad while it lasted and when the league figured it out, he didn't really have a plan B. He lost some of the vets on D and their drafting hit a lull. 

Harbaugh is a turn it around coach. He instills a culture, he gets young players to buy in, then you move on and get someone better with X's and Os and more of a players coach to win it all. He's not the guy you hand the keys to a franchise in this state too. He's a rebuilding coach.

I couldn't care less about "winning it all" in college. That's such a broken system.

He turned Gannon's career around in OAK (actually curious what Gannon thinks of him), he led Alex Smith and CK teams to the NfC championship and SB.

If he's available, he's pretty clearly the best coach thatd be available IMO.

I couldn't care less about "winning it all" in college. That's such a broken system.

He turned Gannon's career around in OAK (actually curious what Gannon thinks of him), he led Alex Smith and CK teams to the NfC championship and SB.

was Harbaugh with Gruden as the coach in Oak?

I'm just reading along.....but have to say, I'm not all that impressed with Jimmy either.

Archived