21. Utah State (10-1)
22. Texas A&M (7-4)
23. Boise State (9-2)
24. Pitt (7-4)
25. Iowa State (6-4)

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Thoughts?  

-UCF continues moving up. 

-Super shocked Ohio State maintained their ranking at 10 despite almost losing to Maryland.  I get that Florida and Penn State are uninspiring options to put into the top 10, but Ohio State shouldn't still be there. 

Penn State lost to Ohio State… At home. And they have more losses.  I was all for Ohio State falling behind central Florida right now though.

All in all, and other questionable top 25 as a whole. I don’t really have any gripes in the top 10 though.

LSU at 7 is too high.

UCF above OSU is past due.

OSU shouldn’t be in the Top 10 since they only have one ranked win, but they also only have 1 loss.

West Virginia with 2 losses behind a 3 loss Penn State team who hasn’t beaten anyone is a head scratcher.

Other than that no real gripes.

56 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

LSU at 7 is too high.

OSU shouldn’t be in the Top 10 since they only have one ranked win, but they also only have 1 loss.

West Virginia with 2 losses behind a 3 loss Penn State team who hasn’t beaten anyone is a head scratcher.

OSU's schedule is still waaaaaaay better than the junk on UCF's schedule. Pretty wild how few 2 loss teams there are out there.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

LSU at 7 is too high.

Yeah, as much as I thought OSU's placement is off, there aren't any other compelling cases to be in the top 10 right now.  

LSU is still too high, but they've cupcaked it since the Bama game.  

1 hour ago, PAW said:

Does Michigan jump Notre Dame if they win out?  They shouldn’t but I can see it happening. I’d much rather us face Notre Dame. 

Even more interesting is if Georgia pulls off the Bama upset, what then?  I don't think Michigan should jump Notre Dame, but there comes the argument for conference championships again.  

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Even more interesting is if Georgia pulls off the Bama upset, what then?  I don't think Michigan should jump Notre Dame, but there comes the argument for conference championships again.  

Michigan lost to ND lead by Brandon Wimbush, they shouldn't get into the playoffs

28 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Alabama should miss out then.  Shouldn't get bailed out two straight years regardless of how good they are.  I'd have it:

1. Clemson

2. Notre Dame

3. Georgia

4. Michigan

That is assuming those 4 win out.

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If 99% of people think Bama would steamroll Michigan. Whats the point of putting Michigan in the playoff?

The best 4 should be in. It shouldnt matter if Conf Champ, if 2 loss or whatever else. Best 4 in the nation.

If people can honestly say they think be it Michigan, UCF or OSU is one of the best 4. May they vote as such. But to randomly put someone in that you think would lose in a head to head matchup with another team is where the system fails to produce what was intended. Which is, "Who is the best team in the nation?"

15 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Thoughts?  

-UCF continues moving up. 

-Super shocked Ohio State maintained their ranking at 10 despite almost losing to Maryland.  I get that Florida and Penn State are uninspiring options to put into the top 10, but Ohio State shouldn't still be there. 

15 hours ago, MWil23 said:

They have 3 ranked wins. TCU, Penn, and M State. If you want to play the "where are they now" game then several teams would lose a lot of creditable wins. scU_ would only have 1 ranked win over a Northwestern team and Clemson would only have one win over a Syracuse team. Both of them are top 4 ranked.  

Also what 2 or 3 loss team would you put in front of them? Florida? They have 3 conference losses. Penn State? OSU beat them in Happy Valley. WV? They just lost to an unranked OK St and a barely ranked Iowa St. They also have one less win. 

What about Texas, Kentucky, Washington, or Utah? They all have 3 losses as well.

Anything beyond #17 is laughable. 

OSU's only scar on their record is Purdue which was a night game on the road vs a conference foe. Purdue came out like it was their superbowl, buckeyes looked like they wanted to coast into their bye week. 

So who would you put in front of OSU? Grant it, they have looked shaky all season, but they are 10-1 in a power five conference. Any rated opponent that has been put in their way, they have beaten. Bottom barrel of the top 10 is a perfect placement. Critics, self-loathing homers and haters don't like THE Ohio State being at 10 because it gives them a realistic playoff chance of "win and you are in." 

That being said... Bring on scU_. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived