21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins Chicago @ Detroit?

2. 2. Who wins Washington @ Dallas?

3. 3. Who wins Atlanta @ New Orleans?

• Atlanta Falcons
    • New Orleans Saints
    • Tie

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/22/2018 at 05:30 PM

Can someone explain to me why Cowboys and Lions play every Thanksgiven. Cowboys make some sense because their the most popular team. But the Lions, they've been garbage forever and are rewarded for big primetime game each year. 

NFL needs to be like NBA, NBA puts best matchups on Xmas, none of this tradition garbage. 

I want to see the top teams not garbage like the Lions 

1 minute ago, Activated10 said:

Can someone explain to me why Cowboys and Lions play every Thanksgiven. Cowboys make some sense because their the most popular team. But the Lions, they've been garbage forever and are rewarded for big primetime game each year. 

NFL needs to be like NBA, NBA puts best matchups on Xmas, none of this tradition garbage. 

Tradition is a big part of football and the Lions were the first to do it.  

20 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

No one's forcing you to watch buddy.  As Supe said it's a Thanksgiving tradition for the Lions to play the earlier match-up.  Some things will never change.

10 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

No one's forcing you to watch buddy.  As Supe said it's a Thanksgiving tradition for the Lions to play the earlier match-up.  Some things will never change.

Didn't one year they play each other? In years they do play, would be nice for them to book it on Thanksgiving so a matchup of other teams could be played

30 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Tradition is a big part of football and the Lions were the first to do it.  

Lions had the first Thanksgiven game so they get rewarded with it every year. Goodness gracious, I'm sure many fans won't mind not seeing the garbage Lions on Thanksgiving for few years 

12 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I'm not going to watch it buddy but the point is instead of garbage Lions I would like to see an actually good team be on Thanksgiving. That's my point

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Didn't one year they play each other? In years they do play, would be nice for them to book it on Thanksgiving so a matchup of other teams could be played

Not a tradition for Bears as much.  I think we play on Thanksgiving once every few years.  Last time we played Lions on TG was when Trestman was the head coach and I remember getting embarrassed pretty bad.  Before that we played the Cowboys in 2004 and it wasn't a memorable one either.  Hoping that changes today. 

3 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

I'm not going to watch it buddy but the point is instead of garbage Lions I would like to see an actually good team be on Thanksgiving. That's my point

There's the Saints and Falcons later.  That should be a decent one for ya.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Falcons are frauds but don't blame NFL for that one. Other matchups I would of like to seen on TNF before season started were Patriots vs Steelers or Chiefs, Bears vs Packers or Vikings and Chargers vs Chiefs. Those are matchups NFL fans deserved to watch. Only I missed on was the Packers but Rodgers still must see TV

20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

They always play us really tough. Records don't matter in this game. It'll be close and high scoring, probably come down to the last possession. There won't be as many points as KCvLAR (both of these teams play with some semblance of defense) but 30+ for both is within reason.

45 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

Falcons are frauds but don't blame NFL for that one. Other matchups I would of like to seen on TNF before season started were Patriots vs Steelers or Chiefs, Bears vs Packers or Vikings and Chargers vs Chiefs. Those are matchups NFL fans deserved to watch. Only I missed on was the Packers but Rodgers still must see TV

All 32 teams play on Thurs once in the season.  Would you rather the Lions play on an actual tnf game, or on Thanksgiving? 

The other side as I said is tradition.  The Lions and Cowboys wanted Thanksgiving before anybody else in the league did. This league is built on tradition.  Celebrating 100 years next year.  Traditions matter.

I’m probably the only person not yet convinced by the Bears so, with their starting quarterback out today, I think that the Lions can pull off the W.

Dallas appears to be improving so they should be able to defeat a Washington team without its starting QB, especially given home field advantage.

Hoping for an Atlanta win (purely for seeding purposes) but I just can’t see anyone beating the Saints at home. 

Archived