GB's and Clappers: Foreskins at Dallas

HDsportsfan

2 hours ago, textaz03 said:

Just throwing this out there for those that missed it. 

How about this nugget:

If we prorate his production thus far this season through the rest of the year, it puts him on pace for 1,600 rushing yards, 500 receiving yards and 12 TDs. Not bad. Obviously, the TDs would be higher if we had a more capable QB and a better coaching staff.

Just wanted to point out that Dak went:

71% completion for 289 yards, 3 total TDs, no turnovers and a 121 QB rating..... and some of you guys gave him the jockstrap. If you cant read this sentence and not realize you are a hater, you are officially blind. 

42 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Just wanted to point out that Dak went:

71% completion for 289 yards, 3 total TDs, no turnovers and a 121 QB rating..... and some of you guys gave him the jockstrap. If you cant read this sentence and not realize you are a hater, you are officially blind. 

Sack Prescott exhibited poor pocket presence, and ugly throws all game. 

Just because Cooper was able to get over 100 yards of YAC, doesn't mean Dak was amazing. I gave Cooper the GB.

"The first came on a short slant against Redskins cornerback Quinton Dunbar, who clumsily lost his footing as Cooper hauled in a short catch and took it 40 yards to the house."

"He was able to get [yards after catch], that was really the big thing," Norman said in the locker room after the game. "Those YAC plays broke our back."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/11/22/josh-norman-asked-redskins-coaches-could-shadow-amari-cooper-after-breakout-third-quarter

YAC doesn't have anything to do with Dak, and without it his numbers don't look as good. Somewhere around his norm. 200 yards and 1 rushing TD.

The difference was Cooper getting YAC. That's the only difference in Daks performance compared to his norm.

26 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Just because Cooper was able to get over 100 yards of YAC, doesn't mean Dak was amazing. I gave Cooper the GB.

"The first came on a short slant against Redskins cornerback Quinton Dunbar, who clumsily lost his footing as Cooper hauled in a short catch and took it 40 yards to the house."

"He was able to get [yards after catch], that was really the big thing," Norman said in the locker room after the game. "Those YAC plays broke our back."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2018/11/22/josh-norman-asked-redskins-coaches-could-shadow-amari-cooper-after-breakout-third-quarter

YAC doesn't have anything to do with Dak, and without it his numbers don't look as good. Somewhere around his norm. 200 yards and 1 rushing TD.

The difference was Cooper getting YAC. That's the only difference in Daks performance compared to his norm.

This is so dumb. Dak made a great read on both throws and specifically the second one threaded it in between 3 defenders. 

You can keep trying this dog and pony show to make Dak look bad.... but its a bad angle. All you are doing is weakening your position with ridiculous hot takes. 

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is so dumb. Dak made a great read on both throws and specifically the second one threaded it in between 3 defenders. 

You can keep trying this dog and pony show to make Dak look bad.... but its a bad angle. All you are doing is weakening your position with ridiculous hot takes. 

His stats are super inflated by what happened after the catch. He didn't turn any corners though

8 hours ago, CT Cowboy Fan said:

GB- Cooper, Zeke, and I’m giving one to Gallup just for being there.

4 minutes to go in the game, we are up by 11. It's 3rd down, we are backed up deep, and instead of continuing to run out the clock we throw to Gallup on a deep fly route. Probably to try to get him a big catch before the game was over. He beat Dunbar and had about 3 steps on him, but Dak under threw the pass so bad he had to stop and go to the ground to try and catch it. Because it was so underthrown Dunbar was able to catch up and contest the catch. Gallup ultimately was able to get his hands on it but unable to haul it in. 

If Dak were a better QB, Gallup would have had a poetic 80+ yard TD at the end of the game.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

4 minutes to go in the game, we are up by 11. It's 3rd down, we are backed up deep, and instead of continuing to run out the clock we throw to Gallup on a deep fly route. Probably to try to get him a big catch before the game was over. He beat Dunbar and had about 3 steps on him, but Dak under threw the pass so bad he had to stop and go to the ground to try and catch it. Because it was so underthrown Dunbar was able to catch up and contest the catch. Gallup ultimately was able to get his hands on it but unable to haul it in. 

If Dak were a better QB, Gallup would have had a poetic 80+ yard TD at the end of the game.

Ball hits Gallup in chest, he drops it. 

^^^ Just the other way to describe that play if you arent a blind hater. And yes, the ball could have been thrown better. But only a complete moron thinks every throw will be spot on. That throw was good enough.

On the other hot button figure within the team, I actually do think Garrett deserves a lot of credit for getting the team prepared the last few weeks. We could’ve easily mailed it in at 3-5, and instead we won two games on the road and came back and won at home on a short week. It wasn’t all pretty but we took care of business.

The Clapper, for all his in-game uselessness, has repeatedly demonstrated the ability to rally the team in less than ideal circumstances. Taking over as interim and finishing a lost year 5-3, winning in Cincy after Jerry Brown’s passing, going 13-3 with a rookie QB and RB after losing Romo in the preseason, and now this stretch and the Gallup family tragedy. Problem is that we tend to find ourselves in those or worse circumstances a little too often.

Wasn’t @DaBoys one of Dak’s stronger supporters around here once upon a time? I personally wouldn’t label him as some blind Dak hater. Not sure that I would give Dak a JS for this game at all really, but I think his criticisms toward Dak in general seem to be fair enough and I can’t say that I disagree. I’d absolutely love to see Dak succeed at the highest level, but the guy has had his struggles. I think he’s definitely improved a little over the last few games and I really do hope he can pull things together, but that remains to be seen.

4 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Wasn’t @DaBoys one of Dak’s stronger supporters around here once upon a time? I personally wouldn’t label him as some blind Dak hater. Not sure that I would give Dak a JS for this game at all really, but I think his criticisms toward Dak in general seem to be fair enough and I can’t say that I disagree. I’d absolutely love to see Dak succeed at the highest level, but the guy has had his struggles. I think he’s definitely improved a little over the last few games and I really do hope he can pull things together, but that remains to be seen.

He, like Plan, were only Dak supporters because they hated Romo

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Doesn't every QB in league have drastically different numbers when you take away YAC? I'm betting so. Not real sure knocking Dak for this is of any use to your cause. 

29 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Doesn't every QB in league have drastically different numbers when you take away YAC? I'm betting so. Not real sure knocking Dak for this is of any use to your cause. 

I'm not knocking Dak just because I won't give him credit for something he didn't do. This wasn't the kind of YAC most QBs get. It's not your average YAC, and not the YAC we are going to always get. 

Basically, I don't think Dak did anything particularly better this game than what he normally does.

The difference was a defender falling down on a simple slant(where Cooper was the 1st read) and then Amari Cooper breaking a tackle and racing nearly 70 yards with the ball in hand. The 2nd pass was a great pass. Cooper was like the 2nd or maybe even 3rd read, and Dak hit him on the move, over the middle, while doing that Dak fade away thing. Not easy to do. Still, without the YAC, it's just a 25 yard pass. 

That 25 yard pass isn't enough to save him from getting a SLapper. He needs to step up in the pocket. He can't take sacks that take us out of FG range. He can't miss a wide open Noah Brown in the endzone. He can't underthrow a wide open streaking Gallup when he has the perfect release. 

Archived