Week 12 GDT

Superman(DH23)

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Every QB has been having career years this year. Tom Brady has not. I don't think it's a stretch to say we are starting to see some decline. Saying he's "cooked" is a bit far, though.

Again look at the QB's having career years. Goff? Stacked offense. Mahomes? stacked offense. Most QB's doing well this year haven't had their WR set change as much as Brady. Don't forget Brady went into this season with Hogan legit being his top WR and Gronk being triple teamed. Then they got Gordon and needed him to open some stuff up. Then they got Edelman back but Gronk got injured right away. Michel who was legit their main RB got injured and they had a Patterson who was mostly a gadget player as a starting RB. There really hasn't been much of a decline.

I've watched Brady his whole career. He's doing the same crap he did in 2012 and 2013. He got burned early this year by a lack of WR's and had a few INT's off deflected passes caused by his WR (if you removed those he'd have a very high passer rating and right in that top QB race) and he stopped trusting certain players so he started leading them. The worst of it was when Gronk did it because he was using Gronk as a safety net early on. The last 5 weeks Gordon's the only guy Brady will even try to throw a dime too. 

1 minute ago, Classic said:

Brady owns the Steelers, no chance they lose at Pittsburgh. I thought they would curbstomp the Broncos today especially with JJ having a career game on the road. Now I don't see the Patriots losing another game the rest of the way. Thanks alot Denver you just gave another easy path for the Patriots to march to another AFC Championship game ughhh

I mean I wouldn't say no chance. (Although I do think they will win that game)

They lose last year if not for the controversial call on the TD catch at the end. 

Maybe you agree with the call, but the Pats hardly owned the Steelers in last years game and I don't expect it to be a blowout this year by any means.

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Every QB has been having career years this year. Tom Brady has not. I don't think it's a stretch to say we are starting to see some decline. Saying he's "cooked" is a bit far, though.

That's true, but situation still matters more than anything else.  The top 3 stats QBs in the league this year have the 3 best teams, and it isn't much of a question.  Those three offenses would be great any year, even if the stats went down a little.  

He may indeed be starting to decline a little though.  I mean, he's 41.

3 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

They could get the 1-seed, but I don't think it's likely. Pats will have to win 3 tough games with Minnesota @Pitt and @Miami (Only tough in that the Pats historically struggle in Miami).

The Chiefs have @Seattle and they are home vs the Ravens and Chargers. If you are depending on the Chargers to win that game, this is a Chargers fan telling you to not get your hopes up.

Then again, Chiefs do have a history of going one and done in the playoffs, so Pats may host the AFCCG even if they are the 2-seed.

They have a chance is what I'm saying. I think a likely scenario is they get the 2 seed. 

Just now, Jlowe22 said:

That's true, but situation still matters more than anything else.  The top 3 stats QBs in the league this year have the 3 best teams, and it isn't much of a question.  Those three offenses would be great any year, even if the stats went down a little.  

He may indeed be starting to decline a little though.  I mean, he's 41.

I mean Brady isn't as good as he was last year, that's hard to top.

He's still one of the best QB's in the game.

Pats have several things to be concerned about, but Brady's play is not one of them.

1 minute ago, game3525 said:

I doubt that. 

KC would have to lose at least two games for that to happen IMO.

They have the tiebreaker vs KC. I think KC still gets the 1 seed but the Pats position is a lot safer now for getting a bye. Also I'm not terribly afraid of the Chiefs.

21 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

He's not cooked lol.

They have very realistic chances to lose @Pit and @Miami, so yeah there is a very good chance they don't.

My guess is they will finish 12-4 with the one loss coming to Miami, and they will get the #2 seed.

I think they can lose the next 3 in a row and slip to 10-6.

Just now, CKS97 said:

I think they can lose the next 3 in a row and slip to 10-6.

Can and will are two different things.

The Pats haven't won less than 12-games this entire decade.

This team may not be their best team, but nothing so far makes me believe things will be any different this year.

6 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

Can and will are two different things.

The Pats haven't won less than 12-games this entire decade.

This team may not be their best team, but nothing so far makes me believe things will be any different this year.

Nothing lasts forever. There will come a day when we give too much benefit of a doubt for a team right before they jump the shark.

The AFC seems better this year. New England is an aging team hanging on by the skin of their teeth.

32 minutes ago, game3525 said:

I doubt that. 

KC would have to lose at least two games for that to happen IMO.

Chiefs have at Raiders, vs Ravens, vs Chargers, at Seahawks, vs Raiders 

Pats have vs Vikings, at Dolphins, at Steelers, vs Bill, vs Jets

I’d rather have the Chiefs remaining schedule. So I agree that KC would need to lose at least two because I don’t see the Pats winning out. 

3 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

Nothing lasts forever. There will come a day when we give too much benefit of a doubt for a team right before they jump the shark.

The AFC seems better this year. New England is an aging team hanging on by the skin of their teeth.

Agree with you here. New England is winning still but it feels like theyre definitely trending down. Theyre still a playoff team but they no longer scare anyone like they used to. Brady's age is showing, Gronk's injury history seems to be catching up to him, and the overall talent level isn't there.

All dynasties eventually come to an end tho and i think we're seeing it now. I know Brady has said he wants to keep playing but if the Pats go one and done in the playoffs, can anyone else see Brady walking away after this season?

Archived