Preseason week 2: 49ers vs Broncos

Webmaster

7 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

I don't think Burbidge is a lock and while I think it's very likely that Robinson makes the team, if Bourne continues to produce, I could see him taking his spot. I really hope we just go young with this team. So far our offense is showing to be a huge weakness, so I hope we keep guys around that may have the potential to grow into good role players instead of older guys that are known commodities. 

I'm a fan of Robinson and he's flashed in both preseason games. Think Bourne still has a ways to go to beat him out. I feel that way about Burbridge simply because of special teams, but could be wrong there

Just now, ninerfanwheelz said:

I'm a fan of Robinson and he's flashed in both preseason games. Think Bourne still has a ways to go to beat him out. I feel that way about Burbridge simply because of special teams, but could be wrong there

Yeah, of course as I say this Robinson makes a catch for like 50 yards. I think Burbridge could really be hurt by his injury (wait does that make sense?), going back to the 'Can't make the club sitting in the tub' saying.

3 minutes ago, Geek said:

Beathard's been looking pretty damn good tonight. Beathard>Hoyer?

No. Beathard is playing vanilla defenses against back ups, and while he's made some plays, that drive was largely yac by the receivers. Same for that big play by Robinson last week. I"m hopeful with Beathard, not a huge fan overall, but hopeful, and I wouldn't mind seeing him start some games this year at some point, but we are a considerable distance away from me considering him to be anywhere close to Hoyer. That's a pretty big overreaction at this point in my opinion. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jackson with soft coverage there.

Has Witherspoon been tested yet?

Thomas gotta be hurt.

I haven't seen him thrown at yet. I did see him come up on a run stop which was nice....I don't think he made the tackle, but he was there, which was nice to see. 

He also wasn't thrown at last week if I remember correctly. Quiet games from corners are great games for corners, so if we never hear his name, Im super happy. 

Archived