Rest of the 2018 Season

TheOnlyThing

With the competitive portion of this season over, it would be nice to see some players get some more time and some others to get less time.

Continue to sit Cobb, play ESB, MVS, Moore, and Kumerow.

Sit Kendricks and play Tonyan.

Shut Daniels down and see if Montravius Adams and Lancaster can play.

Reduce Clay’s role and play Gilbert and Donnerson.

Get Burks on the field.

Get Brice off the field and see if there is anything to Campbell or Green.

Who else you got?

Until they are completely mathematically out, I hope they will play hard to win (which realistically is week 16). The season is too short to go development 5 weeks.  If we needed a qb, I’d be for tanking, but we don’t. I’d rather win another game or 2 and lose 4 spots. There is something about developing momentum and chemistry (see 2006 where we won our last 4 to go 8-8 and then went 13-3 in 07). We know Kizer sucks. I’ve been watching ball long enough to not get my hopes up about projects like Burke’s and Adams (who’s limited film is terrible). There are “talents” on the bench every year (Clark, Elliot, insert 7th round pick).

If a guy like Bak who is core needs rest, I get it. Other guys, go out and play.

14 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Until they are completely mathematically out, I hope they will play hard to win (which realistically is week 16). The season is too short to go development 5 weeks.  If we needed a qb, I’d be for tanking, but we don’t. I’d rather win another game or 2 and lose 4 spots. There is something about developing momentum and chemistry (see 2006 where we won our last 4 to go 8-8 and then went 13-3 in 07). We know Kizer sucks. I’ve been watching ball long enough to not get my hopes up about projects like Burke’s and Adams (who’s limited film is terrible). There are “talents” on the bench every year (Clark, Elliot, insert 7th round pick).

If a guy like Bak who is core needs rest, I get it. Other guys, go out and play.

I hate the defeatist mindset that has taken over this forum. I am sure it was the same when we "ran the table" but tanking to get MM fired or so everyone doubts Rodgers heading into next year is just rubbish at this point. Our QB is 34 with an injury history, we cannot just start throwing away years because things aren't going right. We have about a 10% chance to get the 6th seed, until that is 0% you play your best guys. 

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. 

15 hours ago, Leader said:

Is AR the third best QB in the NFC North?
If he isnt - why do you think so?

If you judge them year to year I suppose he is.  Would those other teams swap qb's with the Packers if they could?  Yeah .. probably.  Rodgers probably would have the Bears and Vikings super bowl bound.  He's that much better than those guys talent wise.  

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

If you judge them year to year I suppose he is.  Would those other teams swap qb's with the Packers if they could?  Yeah .. probably.  Rodgers probably would have the Bears and Vikings super bowl bound.  He's that much better than those guys talent wise.  

Okay. Thats fair.

16 hours ago, Leader said:

Is AR the third best QB in the NFC North?
If he isnt - why do you think so?

This question is absurd. No explanation needed.

When the new coach has Rodgers playing like an MVP next year in a new offense, I hope people here remember who the posters were around here that are driving this ridiculous narrative.

18 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

This question is absurd. No explanation needed. When the new coach has Rodgers playing like an MVP next year in a new offense, I hope people here remember who the posters were around here that are driving this ridiculous narrative.

LOL

The question was posed for discussion purposes. No agenda or narrative involved.
Thanks for your input.

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL

The question was posed for discussion purposes. No agenda or narrative involved.
Thanks for your input.

I've seen ridiculous "questions posed for discussion purposes" called a different name many times. Trolling. The quick backtracking you did right after you started getting answers indicates you asked the question to get a rise out of people. Aka - trolling. You didn't even believe Rodgers to be anything other than the best QB in the division so why ask the ridiculous question? Answer - trolling.

Archived