TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

32 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

the 150 lb wall has been GoT wall like to break

I was 150-160 all through high school. Lots of weight lifting and eating and I'm up to 205. I've always been able to eat whatever the hell I want, without caring or seeing any consequences.

Now that I'm 31 though, I've noticed that cutting is becoming an issue and adding (bad) weight is not. So like @Ace5 said, give it time. It's not really an "if" but a when. Your metabolism will slow down at some point.

Edited by DaBoys

9 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I was 150-160 all through high school. Lots of weight lifting and eating and I'm up to 205. I've always been able to eat whatever the hell I want, without caring or seeing any consequences.

Now that I'm 31 though, I've noticed that cutting is becoming an issue and adding (bad) weight is not. So like @Ace5 said, give it time. It's not really an "if" but a when. Your metabolism will slow down at some point.

I'ma start running nowxDxD

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

165 at 17 in high school. Worked out and ate constantly. At 25 I was a sidewalk cracking mofo. 190 pounds of pure destruction. Here I am at ~30 and 220 pounds is my usual weight. I cut hard last winter and got to 198. 12 months later it's all back on. Just doesn't turn to muscle like It used to.  It started creeping around 27 in my case. 

I miss late night nachos and fancy beers. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

165 at 17 in high school. Worked out and ate constantly. At 25 I was a sidewalk cracking mofo. 190 pounds of pure destruction. Here I am at ~30 and 220 pounds is my usual weight. I cut hard last winter and got to 198. 12 months later it's all back on. Just doesn't turn to muscle like It used to.  It started creeping around 27 in my case. 

I miss late night nachos and fancy beers. 

Yeah you are a bit bigger than me. I'm 210 on creatine and right before bed.

And yeah I'm just now coming to grips with the reality that I may have to watch what and when I eat for the first time in my life. Fat isn't melting off like it always has in the past.

Edited by DaBoys

You think it's bad in your 30s, give it another 8-10 yrs. You probably haven''t seen **** yet. For me it really hit at that 42-43 range. To fudge on my diet now? Forget about it. If I want to maintain my weight, I simply can not do it ever. Because isn't just one step backwards anymore, it feels more like 3.  The typical workouts don't move the needle like they use to at all. 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:57 AM, canadaluvsdallas said:

I wouldn't recommend Keto to anyone who has trouble gaining weight(ended up doing it for other reasons besides weight loss). Although eating bacon every morning was heaven, I ended up finding out my body literally cannot function normally without sugar.

This feels like me. 

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

This feels like me. 

I was at my night shift job & my head was just pounding craving for sugar. I finally gave in after a month of keto in that night with a cup of orange juice.

And let me tell ya. That orange juiced tasted like something outta the heavens.

And thats when I found out keto isnt for me.

Edited by canadaluvsdallas