Week 13: Monday Night Mash Units: The Team from Washington vs the Eagles

EaglesPeteC

My takeaways: 

Starting to sour on Carson's decision making...if these are indeed RPOs I need to see the all-22 I can't imagine his read is solely keying on the run. When its not an east/west designed run play we gash teams. Like Chip Kelly when we try to run lateral we put ourselves in a bind. That pick in the RZ was horrendous the decision was late and the accuracy was bad. 

Loved some of the screen designs...faking the boot look to come back to the screen. 

Aside from the screen design what the hell is going on with the RZ offense play calling? Last year we put extra OL on the field as TEs and ran smashmouth vs opponents this year we won't even attempt it.  

Hard to tell whats going on with the Defense they let AP get loose on 1 play, and Dirty Sanchez get some confidence hitting 5-6 yard sit routes within the zone. 

Going forward:   

If we can't clean up the mistakes gap discipline vs the run. RZ efficiency on offense, Dallas will blow the doors off us. 

I get this rage inside me every time our defense is in a 3rd and long situation. Our playlist for 3rd/4th and 9 or more is probably on a sticky note. We do the same thing every single time despite its constant failure.

Our offense remains sloppy. We play like that next week, Dallas is gonna roll us.

Injuries are hurting us (on D) for sure but a lot of our issues is discipline and that rests on the shoulders of coaching. (and trust me I know a thing or two... or three about garbage coaching)  Doug allowed this team to get fat and happy off their success. Last year we had some key injuries but nothing like this year. He was able to steamroll opponents by overpowering them. This year, not so much. The offense still has Ertz, an up and coming Adams, a bunch of really good WRs, an O-line that has had it's bruises this year but still very competent and oh yeah Wentz. However at times Wentz looks like he has to force plays and seems like he is taking too much on his shoulders. Why isn't the coaching staff analyzing the other team and finding weaknesses for Wentz to expose? There is no reason for the offense to look this sluggish and unprepared. 

The defense on the other hand looks like Sly at the end of a Rocky movie. 

200.gif

Time to switch to south paw. We gotta find a way to beat Dallas. 

Go Birds

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

Archived