GDT Steelers vs Chargers SNF 12/2/18

Steeler Hitman

-4 points on Ben missing Hunter

-1 point Boswell missed extra point 

-7 points on Sean Davis being a freaking idiot 

-3 (minimum) Ben floating one in the middle of the field

So that’s negative 15 points on things we can largely control. Add in officiating and that’s -30 points...

Just an absolutely infuriating loss. 

6 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

-4 points on Ben missing Hunter

-1 point Boswell missed extra point 

-7 points on Sean Davis being a freaking idiot 

-3 (minimum) Ben floating one in the middle of the field

So that’s negative 15 points on things we can largely control. Add in officiating and that’s -30 points...

Just an absolutely infuriating loss. 

having a game like this a week after that Den game is a little too much for me

offense giving points away like its a sport and the defense is allergic to getting turnovers right now

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

defense is allergic to getting turnovers right now

I don’t know what this team did to be this unlucky for this long, but it’s getting absurd. While having a ball hawk somewhere on d helps you create, largely turnovers are non-repeatable actions. TJ Watt is a ball hanging for 1 more second way from a pick, our defenders take each other out, last week we blocked a DT into a int, our running back gets hit low and fumbles the ball, our large TE drops the ball before the goal line....

Something HAS to break our way at some point.....right? 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I don’t know what this team did to be this unlucky for this long, but it’s getting absurd. While having a ball hawk somewhere on d helps you create, largely turnovers are non-repeatable actions. TJ Watt is a ball hanging for 1 more second way from a pick, our defenders take each other out, last week we blocked a DT into a int, our running back gets hit low and fumbles the ball, our large TE drops the ball before the goal line....

Something HAS to break our way at some point.....right? 

we're not getting the "fluky" turnovers this year. seems like our defenders are always inches away from picking off a pass or recovering a fumble

while other teams get their fair share of those kind of turnovers against us..its getting annoying

1 hour ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

That loss sucked last night. The Steelers can't afford to overlook Oakland (who competed against KC). I want them to beat NE so bad, but if they lay another egg in Oakland, that may not happen. And, if it doesn't, it's time for Tomlin to go barring a miracle playoff run.

I now believe the OC and DC are more to blame, as well as colbert. Tomlin gets a pass from me for now anyways.  We see this team dominate, so in a way colbert might get a pass.

The play calling is what does it. Covering an elite WR with traditional LB's for example doesn't get a pass. Doing so repeatedly is a FAIL+, Our passruch won't get home vs the pats or saints unless they leave Hargrave in there. Hargrave is downhill as a passrusher (IMO better than Heyward and Tuitt for pass rush) but is  wasted here for the most part.  His sacks per snap ration has to be really high because in limited play he has 6.5 and that's a lot.

11 minutes ago, August4th said:

also disgusting Ben leads the NFL in pass attempts by a decent margin

this dude is not efficient enough to be throwing the ball so many times

I remembered a person I knew way back said that ben wants this to be a passing team , and here we are being a passing team making him happy so he doesn't retire etc. We are much better when we run in the RZ and establish the run AND don't abandon the run. Not downs in a crowd of dust, but the balance has to be there.

Also, while michael and colinsworth were giving praise to the OL showing the amount of time ben has to throw , I was thinking  about how it WILL BE when he doesn't have that time to throw. BB will get his players their somehow in time to be disruptive. 

18 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I posted it in main:

9 of Bens 11 INTs have come when targeting Brown. His lowest QBR comes when targeting Brown. His lowest comp% comes when targeting Brown. Brown is not facing a significantly higher double team rate. 

I think AB has been able to bail him out of a lot of crap throws in years prior. This year it seems like Ben is getting more and more wild to AB. I don't think it's AB taking a step back, I think it's Ben forcing it to him with worse throws than usual. We need a reliable 3rd target really bad.

Vance is fantastic when he has the ball in his hands. He is not a route runner, though. James can find a soft spot in a zone, but that's about it. Hunter can't catch. Washington can't get open or catch. DHB takes both to the extreme. Connor's hurt and his confidence is tanking. Switzer is decent but he doesn't offer much farther than 5 yards past the LOS. Maybe Rogers will right the ship. He's shown a good connection with Ben and he can run intermediate routes better than Switzer. 

41 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I was thinking  about how it WILL BE when he doesn't have that time to throw. BB will get his players their somehow in time to be disruptive. 

a friend of mine said Ben is eli manning with pass protection..and I'm starting to see it(I think ben has the stronger arm but that's about it)

19 minutes ago, August4th said:

a friend of mine said Ben is eli manning with pass protection..and I'm starting to see it(I think ben has the stronger arm but that's about it)

Maybe now, but I think Ben is unquestionably more talented than Eli ever was. Also, we saw what Young Ben could do without protection. That's something Eli could never do. 

2 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Maybe now, but I think Ben is unquestionably more talented than Eli ever was. Also, we saw what Young Ben could do without protection. That's something Eli could never do. 

yeah, I mean now.. Ben has been the superior QB, but his decline is closing the gap between the two

Archived