GDT Steelers vs Chargers SNF 12/2/18

Steeler Hitman

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

It was clean. 

I want to see it again but if it was, I don't think I've ever seen a game stolen from a team quite like tonight.  Essentially, 17 points were then gifted to the chargers?  I usually never complain about refs but tonight was just unbelievable--truly embarrassing

2 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

I want to see it again but if it was, I don't think I've ever seen a game stolen from a team quite like tonight.  Essentially, 17 points were then gifted to the chargers?  I usually never complain about refs but tonight was just unbelievable--truly embarrassing

I had it up on Twitter a few minutes ago. There’s an ex-ref who has an account and he openly criticizes current games and his comment was “23 was moving, but never crossed LOS before ball moved. Completely legal.”

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I had it up on Twitter a few minutes ago. There’s an ex-ref who has an account and he openly criticizes current games and his comment was “23 was moving, but never crossed LOS before ball moved. Completely legal.”

it's a scoring play and it should be reviewable  but whatever the rules are they need to be changed. Place camera along the LOS and see what happens. What a waste of time all the rules are if they can't call them properly.  The league needs to get a grip on this or they will start losing fans. 

50 minutes ago, warfelg said:

That's not an excuse.  It's blatantly on the tape.

No doubt the refs sucked horribly tonight.  But they didn't give up a TD on the false start play.  They didn't slam into each other instead of making an INT and allow a TD.  They didn't get gashed for long drives and throw lazy interceptions.  The Steelers needed to play better in the second half and they simply did not.  

9 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

No doubt the refs sucked horribly tonight.  But they didn't give up a TD on the false start play.  They didn't slam into each other instead of making an INT and allow a TD.  They didn't get gashed for long drives and throw lazy interceptions.  The Steelers needed to play better in the second half and they simply did not.  

Generally, I agree with this sentiment.  There are missed calls all the time and each team can usually point to them.  But as long as I've been a steeler fan, I've never seen calls THAT bad go against them quite like that.  The talent level between NFL teams is minimal.  You can't expect to win a game when the officiating crew misses obvious calls, which cost you 14-17 points.  

With that being said, few teams know how to shoot themselves in the foot like the steelers do.  ALSO WHY IS A LINEBACKER COVERING KEENAN ALLEN ALL NIGHT?

19 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

While I agree with the general sentiment, it's clear that the rush stopped coming from the right side because they thought the whistle was going to blow.  Watt clearly pulls up instead of forcing the issue. This allowed Rivers to drift to his left for an easy throw.

The season comes down to winning the division. The next three games are playoff games. They need to throw the kitchen sink at it. It's odd that at this stage, I fear New England less than some other team on the schedule. Oakland is no gimme, either.

I stand by my previous statements in the past that once Roethlisberger retires, I'm completely done with the NFL. I just do not like this game anymore. I can't remember too many off-sides controversies as a fan who has been watching for decades now. But somehow we ended up with multiple tonight. I don't feel like I'm watching a sport and 7-on-7 football with the occasional hit on the QB isn't entertaining, either. I almost can't wait.

Archived