GDT Steelers vs Chargers SNF 12/2/18

Steeler Hitman

One of my theory’s on Tomlin is that he is absurdly unwilling to play you like he wants to play you defensively if he believes he will see your team again. It happens over and over on playoff bound teams that we seem to play a Uber conservative version of defensive schemes.  

Last night was a ridiculous defensive scheme with lack of any adjustment because it seems like they wanted to play that way.

Just feels like he wants to save anything they might see live or put on tape against them for a second meeting....he problem with that theory...it would only make sense if you get to the second meeting... 

It’s a blind theory, but I always seem to come back to it after these types of games.  

4 hours ago, August4th said:

this is insane. are they aware at how good this dude is? swear this team will forever be doomed by it coaches..brady will have his best game of the season in a few weeks against us

I still can't wrap my head around that Butler, for some bizarre reason, figured it was a good idea to cover one the of the best WRs in the league with a LB. THEN I can't understand that Tomlin signed off on letting it be the defensive scheme against him. And finally I can't comprehend after, oh lets say his tenth reception, to continue on doing it when it was so damn clear it was an abomination!!

Horrendous coaching. They should be embarrassed.

Butler killed us with his zones. Pressure has to get home for zones to work and they don't typically work against good veteran QBs, like Rivers. We should be manning up way more often than we are. I think Burns' lack of development is scaring Butler. Sensabaugh is probably better in zone, but he's the only one. 

I thought we were trending in the right direction. It looked as if we were going to get some ground game going in the 3rd quarter but it soon fizzled. Just couldn't sustain drives. I think the main problem is the offense's recent inability to stay on the field for long sustained drives. I don't think our defense has lost us a game this season. I may be misremembering, though.

1 minute ago, Livewire said:

Yup, it just wasn't that one play that the TD resulted from. It was happening the entire night. You would think that the coaches got into the ears of the refs yet they still completely missed numerous penalties.

By reports Tomlin tried but the Refs were refusing to discuss the issues with Tomlin.

43 minutes ago, Livewire said:

Yup, it just wasn't that one play that the TD resulted from. It was happening the entire night. You would think that the coaches got into the ears of the refs yet they still completely missed numerous penalties.

This is where the coach needs to make a scene like cowher did with 12 men on the field.  Being polite isn't always the way to handle these events.  The refs might think twice about missing a call

44 minutes ago, warfelg said:

By reports Tomlin tried but the Refs were refusing to discuss the issues with Tomlin.

I suppose he could bring a pack of roman candles and fire them off when the refs ignore him, but if the refs are on a mission, then they may as well do their job as they were instructed.

Archived