19. Texas A&M (8-4)
20. Syracuse (9-3)
21. Northwestern (8-4)
22. Boise State (10-2)
23. Iowa State (7-4)
24. Missouri (8-4)
25. Fresno State (10-2)

3 minutes ago, Hawkfan191 said:

You think Georgia would stay in even if Bama wins convincingly?

Considering the other options are 3+ loss conference champs or possibly an undefeated UCF that doesn't have their star QB... the only other option is to take the best 2 loss non-conference champ and I think that would be how they decide to go meaning out of 11-2 Georgia, 11-2 Oklahoma, and 11-2 Ohio State, you pick the one you think is the best which is Georgia.  It does also open up the door for UCF just to say they would give them the shot if they win their conference championship game and shut up the group of 5, but we would be wondering if Alabama would bench  their starters after the 1st quarter in that game.

No huge surprises. The biggest head scratcher is Michigan being ranked ahead of UCF. If UGA gets stomped and OSU and OU lose, who makes sense at 4 based on the logic of these rankings? I know those things are not all going to happen, but I would have thought they’d have left some sort of way there. You know UM has no way in. Would they really stick UGA in? 

All in all, no surprises in the top 6. I think we mostly expected it to look like this. 

13 hours ago, Raves said:

Then you'd get Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Georgia.

Only way Georgia gets in with this scenario is if they play Alabama close in the SEC Championship. If Ohio State, Oklahoma lose and Georgia loses convincingly you might see UCF sneak in. Or possibly even Michigan sneak back in. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Only way Georgia gets in with this scenario is if they play Alabama close in the SEC Championship. If Ohio State, Oklahoma lose and Georgia loses convincingly you might see UCF sneak in. Or possibly even Michigan sneak back in. 

After the way that Ohio State beat Michigan, there is no way Michigan gets back into the picture.  I think UCF would have a chance in Georgia loses convincingly, but if they are taking a .2 loss non-conference champion, then it's more than likely going to be Georgia.  Maybe Oklahoma if it's another game like the one they lost vs Texas previously.

IMO, Oklahoma is a lock to get in if they win, unless one/multiple of the following happens, then it could get interesting:

*Georgia upsets Alabama

*Clemson gets stunned by Pitt could pave the way for them to fall out of the Top 4 and both OU and OSU to get in with wins (unlikely)

*OSU completely destroys Northwestern

For sake of argument please assume Clemson win out and ND does not drop from #3. 

Georgia is... "Win and they are in". 

Bama can win or lose. I don't think it matters. They'll go as an at large or as a conference champion. If they lose then it doesn't matter what UCF, OSU, or OU does. 

OU needs to win and Bama to win. 

OSU needs to win and OU to lose and Bama to win. 

UCF needs to win and OU and OSU to lose and Bama to win AND the committee to take pity on them. 

scUM needs UCF, OU and OSU to lose and Bama to win. 

No one past scUM can make the playoffs. 

My prediction?

#1 Bama v #4 OU - Bama wins

#2 Clemson v #3 ND - Clemson wins. 

#1 Bama v #2 Clemson - ???? I think both teams are pretty close in talent and it would make for a good game. 

tOSU wins the Rose bowl vs Wash. 

Bowl match ups I think I'd like to see:

UCF v Florida 

scUM v Georgia

Penn State v Wash State

LSU v Texas

KY v WV 

I know there are certain bowl formats that they need to follow but I think these would make for good games come new year's eve week. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

UM is OUT no matter what after that beatdown last week. Even if OU/OSU and UGA all lose, UM still has 2 losses, which so does OSU, who absolutely throttled them head to head. Only UCF would even have a remote chance in a doomsday scenario where everyone loses except Alabama.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I don't see a scenario in which UCF gets in.  It would take both Oklahoma AND Ohio State losing, and Alabama winning.

Archived