Around the League Week 14: KC cuts RB Hunt

textaz03

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Cool.

25 in 16 games

32 in 16 games (with the 8 sack Chaz Green game)

45 sacks in 12 games and fired the OL Coach

big-bird-sesame-street-one-of-these-thin

Sack rate is 11% 

Romo's career high is 6.5%

You really think this OL is twice as bad as any OL we ever put in front of Romo? 

I'm not saying the OL doesn't play a part but I think the blame is probably 45%/45% with the other 10 on coaching 

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

We can play this season over again play for play with 10 different QBs and have 10 different sack totals by the end of week 13. 

Probably all of them between high 30s and high 40s

Our OL is garbage. Did you not see the saints killing Zeke with the lightest box he has ever seen?

OBJ understands if you question him as a man after not diving for an onside kick:

"The New York Giant with the best hands, receiver Odell Beckham, was on the hands team to recover. The ball bounced in front of him, where he approached it and appeared to briefly hesitate to recover it.

"That's fine," Beckham said, per ESPN, after the Giants ended up winning in overtime, 30-27. "It was a great kick. Sometimes, somebody makes a better play than you do. I can dive in there and still not get the ball. It was a very tough call. Nobody should ever question my effort or my heart. That's the last thing you can do. You can question me as a person, as a man, whatever you want to do. But my heart and my effort can never be questioned -- ever."

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I would have to double check with @quiller, but I'm pretty sure he just did QB hits/sacks. Which means if you include hurries (which would be total pressure, the stat you are talking about) it would likely be pushing 50%

That is correct just hits sacks as listed in box score    And I agree to disagree a little on the while sack situation balance between QB -OL.  I personally think QBs Luke Brady amd Payton are the outliers the best all time for a reason with all other QB’s even Rogers I feel sacks are 69-75% due to failure of OL and blitz pick up and play call.  And in fact Highly mobile QB’s like Rogers Wilson Newton Mariota and YES Dak in fact decrease sack numbers with their ability to scramble and or just refuse to be sacked     Sure there are a few sacks that happen with QBs that just stand their and hold the ball too long and we can debate tell the cows come home that Dak is like that I personally don’t agree but frankly there really is no sure fire way to tell other then eye test and how you view what is happening I just would say there was very little time in the final sack in the NO game for Dak to drop back read his number one and move to his number two or even slide in the pocket he checked there wasn’t a “free” rusher as he did his drop them he viewed the play then he’s sacked that was in my mind all OL 

No, typically scrambling QBs like Rodgers, Cam, Vick, and Dak take MORE sacks not less.  It's precision pocket passers that take less: Yes all time greats like Brees, like Brady and like P. Manning... But also guys like E. Manning., Carson Palmer And Matt Shaub.

It's QBs who can make things happen with their feet that are prone to holding the ball, and refusing to give up on a play.

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

@animaltested @showtime @AFlaccoSeagulls

Has firing Tom Cable and replacing him with a more competent OL coach been beneficial? 

Yep. 

Solari + Fluker and Sweezy has turned the leagues worst offensive line into one of the best run blocking units, and an above average pass blocking unit. [sack numbers slightly misleading since Russell holds the ball longer than any other QB]. If you really want a concrete example of such, look at Germaine Ifedi. Like night and day from last year. 

13 hours ago, DaBoys said:

No sir, the QB controls the rush way more than you think.

I was rereading this after Animal responded - and I think I missed this.

Ive been coaching a little QB since he was 4 years old. Ive watched, studied, met with, gone to camps, gone to coaches clinics (etc) everything about QBs for the last 9 years. Ive met with Garrett. I met Scott and Rod. I went to camps led by the Bengals staff, Mike Singletary, Jason Witten, multiple UT players (from the QBs, to Ricky, to Shipleys). Ive done film break down with Texas HS championship coaches. 

I say all that, to say this. I know that QBs have an enormous impact on the rush. You have been consistently overrating our OL as an opportunity to bash our QB all year. 

Archived