16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Yup. The Bears defense did the same thing to the Vikings' offense. The Bears front seven destroys the opponents' O-Line and all else is lost for the offense. Some people on this site were doubting DeFillipo after the Viking O-line was smashed by the Bears, but the fate of McVay's offense was no different. Maybe DeFillipo needs to be reconsidered after this game? 

One thing for sure, the Bears are a fun and exciting team to watch. If we're going to compete with them next year, we are going to have to build a much better O-Line. Both guards are going to have to be upgraded considerably to handle Hicks and company in the interior. 

One other observation: IMHO Cohen is like 50% of the Bears' offense. Pettine is going to have to figure out how to neutralize him, or he's going o run wild against us in Chicago. 

Final observation: Our defensive front 7 and O-Line will need major upgrades this offseason, if we're going to compete with the Bears, but we already knew that.

Good call on this that D is tough and force the offenses hands that's for sure. I think that's why we continue to invest in our D. I'd like nothing more then to have a D that can shut down an offense for 60 minutes. Props to Gute for going after Mack he clearly is a difference maker. Can we get a clone of him please and thanks Gute?

3 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

let me rephrase.  He's an idiot as a public figure.  I have no clue what he is around a football team or in a positional/group meeting.

I don't recall anyone talking about him as a big X's and O's guys either...

On 12/9/2018 at 11:40 AM, Outpost31 said:

Winston Moss joked that Rodgers has been the head coach of the Packers for the past 9 years. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/09/winston-moss-jokes-that-aaron-rodgers-has-been-the-head-coach-in-green-bay/

Our head coach really has been Aaron's own worst enemy the past nine years. 

This really sucks to read, jokingly or not

Well, my #1 and #2 choices (Bruce Arians & Jim Harbaugh) have no interest in the job apparently.  Next up for me is a pair of highly thought of college coaches .. Pat Fitzgerald and David Shaw.  Landing one of those two would be a nice score, but both will now promptly take their name out of the running since I mentioned them as my top choices.

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Maybe not his best, but play-calling wasn't the issue last night if you watched the game. Goff was literally under siege the entire game. The Bears front 4 had one of the most dominant games I've seen this year by a defense. Combine the facts that Goff (a) is young and (b) was playing in the cold, he was rattled and UNCOMFORTABLE AS HELL out there. He was missing guys left and right and the Bears in general covered well. It got to the point where he was throwing the ball early even when the pressure wasn't there. 

Add in the fact that the Bears completely shut down Gurley, especially in the first half, which is always a huge part of the Rams' gameplan. 9 times out of 10 it works because most teams cannot stop Gurley.  

And that's why McDaniels has to be the frontrunner for HC. He was able to put up 38 in Chicago  without Gronk or Gordon and 24 in that loud Dome in Minnesota.

34 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Well, my #1 and #2 choices (Bruce Arians & Jim Harbaugh) have no interest in the job apparently.  Next up for me is a pair of highly thought of college coaches .. Pat Fitzgerald and David Shaw.  Landing one of those two would be a nice score, but both will now promptly take their name out of the running since I mentioned them as my top choices.

Is there a statistics of how many college coaches actually survive more than 3 years in NFL HC job?

Some simply benefit from lack of intel on them, same goes for assistants promoted to new coaches. NFL teams don’t have enough tape on them to understand a new coache’s scheme/gameplay/tendencies/thought process. Thus the first 1-2 Years a new head coach has some advantage.

Im apprehensive about college, the skill gap (between schools and conferences) is big in college where as in the NFL it’s much tighter. 

Other than John Harbaugh, Carmichael Jr, and McDaniels....are there any other NFL possibilities?

41 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

Is there a statistics of how many college coaches actually survive more than 3 years in NFL HC job?

Some simply benefit from lack of intel on them, same goes for assistants promoted to new coaches. NFL teams don’t have enough tape on them to understand a new coache’s scheme/gameplay/tendencies/thought process. Thus the first 1-2 Years a new head coach has some advantage.

Im apprehensive about college, the skill gap (between schools and conferences) is big in college where as in the NFL it’s much tighter. 

Other than John Harbaugh, Carmichael Jr, and McDaniels....are there any other NFL possibilities?

Frank DeFazio aka John DeFilippo will more than likely get an interview.  I'd rather have a top college HC over a lot of the top NFL assistants.  I don't think it's a great group to choose from this year.  The best of the assistants is McDaniels. but he just seems like a bag.  I just don't trust him.

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Frank DeFazio aka John DeFilippo will more than likely get an interview.  I'd rather have a top college HC over a lot of the top NFL assistants.  I don't think it's a great group to choose from this year.  The best of the assistants is McDaniels. but he just seems like a bag.  I just don't trust him.

I've seen Matt LaFleur's name mentioned a number of times. Thoughts on him? The Titans offense hasn't exactly looked good this year, but neither did the 49ers the year we hired McCarthy. Could he be the best of the young NFL OCs?

2 hours ago, Norm said:

This really sucks to read, jokingly or not

Depends on the context was he doing this on his own, had MM dropped the ball or was this a third parties take on AR having too much input and not being held accountable enough. Moss mentioned that in his Tweet which make some sense. MM may have contributed to building a monster by giving him too much rope. MM still hung himself as he's had plenty of time to fix. Moss getting this out there is good maybe the FO and coaching staff and players take notice.

9 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Depends on the context was he doing this on his own, had MM dropped the ball or was this a third parties take on AR having too much input and not being held accountable enough. Moss mentioned that in his Tweet which make some sense. MM may have contributed to building a monster by giving him too much rope. MM still hung himself as he's had plenty of time to fix. Moss getting this out there is good maybe the FO and coaching staff and players take notice.

I still don't understand what Moss is talking about.  Everything he says and writes is somewhat nonsensical and vague.  Is it an indictment on Rodgers, or on McCarthy, or on both?  Is he saying Murphy is at fault because McCarthy didn't properly reign in Rodgers.  I don't know .. and probably shouldn't even care enough to write this much about it ;)

2 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I've seen Matt LaFleur's name mentioned a number of times. Thoughts on him? The Titans offense hasn't exactly looked good this year, but neither did the 49ers the year we hired McCarthy. Could he be the best of the young NFL OCs?

I just can't take him seriously as a HC candidate xD

lafleur600-020718.jpg?format=500w

3 hours ago, PackGymRat said:

My shortlist - the ones in red are NFL possibilities:

Top Tier: Dave Toub, Kris RichardPat Fitzgerald, Chris Peterson, David Shaw, John Harbaugh, Lincoln Riley,

Middle Tier: Matt Campbell, Josh McDaniels, Vic Fangio, Jim Schwartz, Dabo Swinney

Bottom Tier: Eric Bieniemy, John DeFilippo, Marquand Manuel, Joe Woods, Dan Campbell, Zac Taylor, Jim Leonard, Todd Monken

Rock Bottom Do Not Want Tier:  Joe Philbin, Pete Carmichael, Matt LaFleur, Jim Caldwell, Joe Lombardi

Ruled out of the running: Mike Shanahan, Bruce Arians, Jim Harbaugh,

Archived