16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

10 years ago I was crushing beers about every night and sleeping in until noon.

I still crush beers but get up to go to work everyday like an adult now. McDaniels can grow too.

I was going to go there, almost exactly there lol. But I figured someone would say he should have already been professional etc etc. But yeah, agreed. 

14 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Usually there needs to be evidence that someone has changed to believe someone has changed.

Most people aren't citing him doing anything much lately, it's all years ago in Denver. I'm not saying HE HAS, I'm just saying people against him seen certain he will be exactly the same.  That's all.

I'm totally curious as hell to see it, here or somewhere else.

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

There is probably 10yrs of it. Nobody here has paid any attention to him outside one headline in the last ten years.

Guess who has? GBs front office. Indy's front office. Pretty much every other front office.

That's what I was going to say, are any of us following him as an OC? You hear nothing bad about him nationally anymore...

I TOTALLY get how he rubbed people wrong back then. He still will. I get it. But it seems exaggerated how bad he was. He should have never wore both hats, that's for certain.

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Bengals interested in McDaniels too. If he’s being selective I’d have a hard time seeing him go there. Then again, he is from ohio

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/31/report-bengals-request-interview-with-josh-mcdaniels/

Don't see him going there to work with Andy Dalton. The only 2 teams that would challenge us for McDaniels IMO are Cleveland and NE. I use to believe that McDaniels wouldn't leave NE because he wanted to take over when BB leaves but I think he's getting the sense that once BB is done, there won't be anything left to that team. The Cleveland job is attractive but I see them going older/previous HC experience (MM, Arians) or the like because I think they want to keep Kitchens at OC.

I'm assuming if McDaniels is (still) interested in the GB job if/after he interviews, there's a good chance he'll be the coach. 

My current take on things is that the Packers are picking brains and appeasing Murphy's "process" but this is McDaniel's job just so long as he doesn't do another reversal or fall in love with another opening. I'd put money on McD being the next head coach of the Green Bay Packers and I'm fine with it. I expect either an amazing outcome or a complete flame out. Either way it will be spectacular. Go big or go home. Can't wait to see Rodgers in this offense.

Archived