16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

31 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I think there are a handful of DCs out there that are really good.  They look great when They have studs on defense that run what they call and that make plays when they can.  

I think Pettine is one of those DCs.   I think Dom Capers was one of them 10 years ago.

Pettine is a good DC .. I'm sure at the end of the day the numbers look shabby, but when he had some sort of reasonable health we were up there in sacks, and getting off the field on a much higher basis than in previous seasons.  I like the guys aggressive approach, and wouldn't mind seeing him back.  There aren't any DC's who could make a unit like we had on the field the other day look good .. not a one.

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I also find it telling McDaniels is only rumor to have an interview with GB. Unless if I missed something.

I think it will take the right situation for him to move on from NE.

Good point.  I do remember reading within a few days of Mac’s release that McDaniels was already stating publicly that he was interested in the GB gig, and that he was already reaching out to potential coordinators to join him.  That seemed outlandish to me, considering his focus would’ve/should’ve been on his current job.  This is when the Gute theory was also born/shared.

1 minute ago, Sasquatch said:

Good point.  I do remember reading within a few days of Mac’s release that McDaniels was already stating publicly that he was interested in the GB gig, and that he was already reaching out to potential coordinators to join him.  That seemed outlandish to me, considering his focus would’ve/should’ve been on his current job.  This is when the Gute theory was also born/shared.

Why wouldn't a coach be intrigued. As fans we like to lament about the doom and gloom. We have a lot of pieces, including THE piece, QB. Just hope McDaniels is strong enough to coach Rodgers tough and make him work on his fundamentals.

Just now, Golfman said:

Why wouldn't a coach be intrigued. As fans we like to lament about the doom and gloom. We have a lot of pieces, including THE piece, QB. Just hope McDaniels is strong enough to coach Rodgers tough and make him work on his fundamentals.

Wait, wait, wait. Hold the phone.  I’m sure it’s possible he was intrigued - never said he wasn’t.  All I said was that I was skeptical at the time that he’d publicly share he was not only interested in the job, but that he was already lining up coordinators to join him.  I was also skeptical about the link to Gute as the reason why he rescinded the Colts offer.  And never once did I go to the dark side about this job (doom and gloom).  Just making this crystal clear for you.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Josh McDaniels winning % at Denver?

I know nothing about what was going on in Denver at the time. Just saw the stat and thought to post the info.

He was smart enough to know Cutler wasn't the answer. He wasn't smart enough to have a back up plan in place prior to trading him to the Bears. 

32 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The absolute worst fan complaint is about how players and coaches address the media.

I'll never understand why anyone cares...

I care to the extent that I don’t want the coach to care what I think. Most coaches sound bad after a loss. In recent years both Sherman and McCarthy started up the hollow platitude machine after losses. Holmgren was a bit angrier. I like that. Bellichek’s approach is good too. Hoodie is impatient bordering on rude. One of his best qualities is how calmly he treats the media like something that needs to be scraped off his shoe. Give me a head coach who wants to escape the media and fans as quickly as possible in order to get back to work. 

8 minutes ago, Golfman said:

He was smart enough to know Cutler wasn't the answer. He wasn't smart enough to have a back up plan in place prior to trading him to the Bears. 

He traded away 3 picks to move up in the first round and draft ..... wait for it ...... Tim Tebow. He also dumped Brandon Marshall. And of course brought in every scrub he could from New England

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Nah. GB formally requested one. 

What I mean is McDaniels only has an interview with GB.

No Browns, Jets, Cardinals, Bengals, Dolphins, etc.

Tells me one of a few things:

• No team wants McDaniels after doing the Colts how he did.

• There are only a handful of teams on McDaniels list that he’d be WILLING to interview with... let alone leave NE for.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Josh McDaniels winning % at Denver?

I know nothing about what was going on in Denver at the time. Just saw the stat and thought to post the info.

All I know is that he ran Jay to Chicago, he deserves an interview on that basis alone.

Archived