16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

He is an interesting candidate. I haven't heard of the Packers requesting an interview, but I have heard that he's a name to watch for. Did some great things with the WR's in Tampa and made Fitzmagic possible. At minimum would be a great OC hire.

Agreed my buddy is a huge bucs fan and loved everything about the offense with the exception of the turnovers which we know what we have on our QB room for that. I hope we bring him in at least to talk to the rest seem like hot garbage to me. McDaniels is the name but likely he does exactly what BB wants him to. If he stayed in check with his short passing and run game i'd be ok with a coach like that offensively.

6 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Has anyone seen if we're talking to or taken a look at Tampa's OC Todd Monken? He's got some interest from me, he slings it around down there with a geezer and idiot QB pairing and lead the NFL in passing. From what i read he was the HC in College at Mississippi? I've seen his name floated around and he could be an under the radar guy.

Got a feeling this hire will be more like a McCarthy (waaa? who he?) hire than a Holmgren (most everyone agreed he was the next OC ready to be a HC) hire. So Monken is a good guess. Wouldn't hurt if his first name was Mike. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Got a feeling this hire will be more like a McCarthy (waaa? who he?) hire than a Holmgren (most everyone agreed he was the next OC ready to be a HC) hire. So Monken is a good guess. Wouldn't hurt if his first name was Mike. 

I don't know enough other than what he's done with that offenses seems decent and he's not old and over the hill. Just spiffballing really with a different name. So many guys we've already brought in just scream NO to me. I would believe we'll be very thorough.

14 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

Has anyone seen if we're talking to or taken a look at Tampa's OC Todd Monken? He's got some interest from me, he slings it around down there with a geezer and idiot QB pairing and lead the NFL in passing. From what i read he was the HC in College at Mississippi? I've seen his name floated around and he could be an under the radar guy.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Assuming Jim Harbaugh is not an option I think my tiers look like this:

1) JMD

2) Fitz, Monken, Gase (before those player reports)

3) Caldwell and maayyybe la fleur and Zac Taylor

Don't think there's anyone else I want

Please no Harbaugh........i think he'd set us back and he's too much coach:)

LIke your second teir third is ok minus Caldwell. He reminds me to much of Lovie Smith.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

IIRC Holmgren was second choice after Parcells turned us down for health reasons.

Archived