16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

29 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I swear I read this somewhere. Something beyond the 9ers connection. Coming up empty now...

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/report-packers-could-eye-josh-mcdaniels-mike-mccarthy-replacement

I don't think it was ever anything firm just that they were both almost in San Fran and "They’ve done their homework on each other" because they thought they might be paired up.

On second thought, It is so odd that Gutey and Wolf both backed out of that GM position in San Fran. Especially when Gutey was seen as the favorite. I wonder if they were both suggested they'd be GM when Ted leaves and that was why Ron and Eliot Wolf were so pissed.

1 minute ago, jleisher said:

What would you guys think of a Adam Gase as HC with either Gregg Williams or Vance Joseph as DC?  Just throwing it out there?

Adam Gase with Pettine -- I don't know why people want to change up the defensive coordinator spot. We're fine there.

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

Thats pretty much how I feel at this point.....and was part of my thinking with Philbin. Let him oversee the OC/DC operations - but keep his hands off.
Be it that I'm suffering from "2018 season beat down syndrome" - or what - I cant seem to get overly enthused by these candidates - and - I'm not all too certain GB is the "Golden Jewel of HC Nirvana" some people are portraying it as.

Get one of these hot shot OC's from somewhere - pair him with Pettine - AND KNOCK THE TALENT EVALUATIONS AND ACQUISITIONS OUTTA THE BALL PARK (just KILL it) - and I'll be a happy guy.

Maybe Campbell is the guy...

I think Kenny Clark would approve

25 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

In that context you can.  Josh McDaniels I THINK is socially retarded.  That's not some vulgar, cheap or insensitive use of the word retard.  The literal definition of retard is:

-less advanced in mental, physical, or social development than is usual for one's age.

That is one hundred percent accurate to McDaniels IN MY OPINION.  He does not have any social ability.  He does not understand social interactions with people, and I'm not even trying to be mean, insensitive or insulting.  It's NOT a cold hard fact.  He is not developed socially.  I am 100% serious when I say that McDaniels is probably on the spectrum.  Again, that is NOT an insensitive use of the terminology. 

It is his one drawback.  His interpersonal skills are stunted, not developed = retarded. 

I fixed this for you. Since you didn't give one fact that proved what you said. Just your opinions based on your knowledge of a few football related issues. 

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Adam Gase with Pettine -- I don't know why people want to change up the defensive coordinator spot. We're fine there.

We could do worse than Pettine. But we can probably do better, too. Might be a number of good guys available that get fired, Bowles, Joseph, Wilks.

McDaniels has a history with Spags too.

I think I like all those names more than Pettine.

Just now, Nick_gb said:

No we're not.  It's the same wishful thinking mentality that had people defending Capers. 

6 games 30 points or more.
6 games 23 points or more allowed.
4 games holding teams under NFL average. 

Compare that to Capers with the same pass rush, worse corners:

6 games 30 points or more.
4 games 23 points or more.
6 games holding teams under an NFL average. 

I know people won't want to accept this, but Capers last year without any corner help to speak of was better than Pettine this year. 

We downgraded at DC.  Don't talk to me about the eye test.  Pettine is not a good DC, and he needs to move on just like everybody else. 

Archived