Would You Trade Pick 15 + For OBJ?

pnies20

Would you trade pick 15 + a 2020 2nd and 5th for Odell Beckham Jr?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade pick 15 + a 2020 2nd and 5th for Odell Beckham Jr?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Noap, as much as I like him, I'm more confident that Dorsey can find someone specific to our needs and at a great value

I’m on the fence but a potential future HOF WR in his prime seems pretty specific to our needs and for our growing franchise QB. 

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Like @Thomas5737 said they can’t trade him because of financial reasons. 

If they move on from Eli. The money they save from his contract cancels out the lost  with the OBJ contract. Depends on where there plans are for next season. Dont they want to rebuilt with a rookie QB or try and compete 

13 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Watching all these games with playoff caliber teams, it's obvious that a great QB/WR marriage can be a great equalizer. Look how easily the chargers handled us. Yet Ben can sling it to brown or smith schuster at will. We need a true #1. So would you trade pick 15 this year and some picks in 2020 for OBJ should Dorsey be able to persuade Gettleman that we should get a deal for taking on his huge contract? It's also a fact that they need picks to rebuild.

An offseason could look like this:

trade 15+ for OBJ

Sign one of the following:

Demarcus Lawrence

Frank Clark

Dante Fowler 

Jadeveon Clowney 

Draft:

2. Whatever DT/OT falls or trade up a bit for one that we have rated highly 

3. CB/Irv Smith Jr.

3. Shaquille Quarterman

No there are only 3teams that can afford that cap number and I doubt the other 2

would surrender a 1st

I highly doubt the browns could land a player that could have more of an impact then OBJ. Maybe someone as equal of an impact but nothing great. Also this could be a big window for the Browns. Maybe a serious run before all the contracts have to be given and decisions have to be made. 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

If they move on from Eli. The money they save from his contract cancels out the lost  with the OBJ contract. Depends on where there plans are for next season. Dont they want to rebuilt with a rookie QB or try and compete 

If the Giants traded OBJ they would take a $16 million cap hit. His salary for next year is 16.75 so if he is traded they save a 3/4 of a million next year. If they cut him it would cost them like 24 million because of guarantees and would be hard to do, but that isn't happening anyway.

Certainly tradable. They wouldn't be doing it for cap relief in 2019 though it would be because they had a great offer. The team trading for him gets a pretty fair salary, 17 in year one, 14.25 year two, 15.75 year three and 15 year 4 and 5. There are personal and team escalators for year 3 and 4 that could go as high as 2.5 million per.

I would hold on to the pick. We are in a position now to draft an impact WR with that pick and pay the rookie salary and pay a premium pass rusher what would be OBJ money. Right now we should take advantage of the ability to fill the roster with talent due to having our franchise QB on rookie money.

Will we draft someone that is as good as OBJ, no, most likely not, but there seems to be promising enough talent coming out to make me be okay with the chance.

While I doubt it happens, just think how awesome it would be to trot out in year 3

Elite QB1: Baker

Elite WR1: Ol' Dirty Beckham

Elite(?) WR2: Callaway

Elite slot: Landry

Then if we add a TE like Okwuegbunam, Irv Smith Jr., Kaden Smith etc. 3rd/4th round (or send a late round pick to Baltimore for Mark Andrews?), we are looking great at TE.

Then you have Chubb at RB...

Saints, Rams, Chiefs offensive potential. 

What it comes down to, though, is how enjoyable this would be to watch. I don't really know what is a better strategy between drafting and having a cheap contract to go with a risk or going for Odell, but I prefer Odell as a fan. Him and Landry would be legendary to watch with Baker. I also believe Baker is the perfect guy to handle those personalities.

Reading this over now makes me want to go OL in the second round on this scenario, really set up the offense. Then we grab DL and possibly two of CB, TE and more DL in rounds 3-4.

1 hour ago, FEARtheELF said:

I would hold on to the pick. We are in a position now to draft an impact WR with that pick and pay the rookie salary and pay a premium pass rusher what would be OBJ money. Right now we should take advantage of the ability to fill the roster with talent due to having our franchise QB on rookie money.

Will we draft someone that is as good as OBJ, no, most likely not, but there seems to be promising enough talent coming out to make me be okay with the chance.

Now way would I pass on OBJ to just draft a WR in the first. 1st rd WR are hard enough to draft. That is truly a hit or miss position. I rather trade for the sure things elite WR then hope the rookie turns out. This is the time to go after a big time player because of the rookie deals on this team. 

Archived