Up and coming defensive coaches?

N4L

With everyone focused on hiring young offensive innovators, who are some innovative defensive minds that deserve some recognition? 

Guys that are expected to eventually become DCs or HCs eventually. 

I remember reading about Ed donatel (current DB coach for the bears) eventually becoming a DC back when he was in SF but I haven't heard his name attached to any jobs since. 

4 hours ago, N4L said:

With everyone focused on hiring young offensive innovators, who are some innovative defensive minds that deserve some recognition? 

Guys that are expected to eventually become DCs or HCs eventually. 

I remember reading about Ed donatel (current DB coach for the bears) eventually becoming a DC back when he was in SF but I haven't heard his name attached to any jobs since. 

Donatel wasnt he a dc for the packerz in the Mike Sherman era and got fired after the philly 4th amd 21 play. 

8 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Maybe Kris Richard. He sounds like a leader at least.

I remember reading he really impressed the Bills when he interviewed but that McDermott really blew them away so they went with him.

Wonder how some owners feel about him now after the on field altercation earlier this year.

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's funny people mentioning Kris Richard when he was shown the door in Seattle because of how mediocre he was as their DC that they actually went back to Ken Norton Jr.

I think Seahawks fans were surprised he was let go though. They definitely didn't want Ken Norton Jr. as DC.

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

DeVone Claybrooks. Incredible DC in the CFL, and is rumored to have an NFL gig lined up (a positional coach of some sorts, probably D-line).  You heard it here first folks. Give him a few years and he will be a good one.

Unless he becomes the Argos HC in the meantime ;)

Archived