Craziest (FF Appropriate) True Story in your profession Thread

MWil23

19 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

My second-hand understanding is many floors have a supply closet / room with a cot that tends to get traffic of that sort.

Besides, not everybody is so squeamish.

No f***ing way!!!! Random hookups in hospitals like in the show Scrubs is realistic??? No f***ing way

On 12/28/2018 at 5:37 AM, Tugboat said:

The other, was a guy who died and wanted to be buried in a different cemetery in a different city...and had some sort of legal order thing where his previously dead wife had to be dug up and re-buried next to him in the other city?

This is so dumb lol

I guess if it’s on the families dime, who am I to say? Who paid for that, do you know?

My wife/family all know I want my body to be treated in the most cost efficient way possible, just put me in a ditch or out to sea if possible. If they don’t want to commit a felony to save a buck, that’s on them. 

53 minutes ago, Dome said:

This is so dumb lol

I guess if it’s on the families dime, who am I to say? Who paid for that, do you know?

My wife/family all know I want my body to be treated in the most cost efficient way possible, just put me in a ditch or out to sea if possible. If they don’t want to commit a felony to save a buck, that’s on them. 

Serve you up in the Walmart deli you work in, then they’ll actually make money off of it

4 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Well from the sounds of it a lot of them are lying down on those beds.

2 hours ago, cddolphin said:

My second-hand understanding is many floors have a supply closet / room with a cot that tends to get traffic of that sort.

Besides, not everybody is so squeamish.

Eh, most of the folks I worked with shagged at home on their own beds like everyone else.

Aint no time for that while you’re actually working in most units.

33 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My wife and I accidentally caught one of her coworkers in the beginning stages of some workplace romance with her husband who came to pick her up after a closing shift and she was the only one working. wife and i were just walking by and saw movement inside and put our faces to the glass to see what it was. and we saw what it was. and they saw that we saw what it was and they quickly stopped.

pretty sure we ruined that escapade. whoops. 

On 28/12/2018 at 7:33 AM, Tyty said:

@Tugboat that’s intense. It sounds like the death completely messed her life up for her to be that dedicated like that. Kinda admirable 

I honestly never knew how to treat it.  I became way too desensitized to it all.  But that one always stands out for me, as something that was just...uh...but why?  And something i tried to handle as delicately as i could.

I just couldn't ever wrap my mind around it though.  

On 29/12/2018 at 4:15 PM, Dome said:

This is so dumb lol

Agreed.  I really think it must just come down to people not understanding how messy and gross it actually is.  TV always makes it seem so neat and tidy.  Or not caring because they're all dead i guess.

Personally, i want to be buried in a pyramid specially constructed for me.  Or also just fired into space by a cannon would be good.

As a cop, these stories are endless.  Problem is that when you deal with it almost daily it all becomes mundane.  I hate when i meet someone new or see someone i haven’t seen in a long time because they ALWAYS ask, “What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever seen?”  Verbatim.  And i can almost never give them a response.

So one that certainly sticks out to me happened about 2-3 years ago.  A guy decides to end his life so he goes out to a wooded area behind his house.  Sits down at the base of a tree and pops an M-80 in his mouth with the wick sticking out. Lights the wick......

Ever  watch The Walking Dead?  It looked just like when one of those characters would bash in a zombies head with a bat.  There was literally brains, skull fragments, jaw bone fragments, etc dripping from leaves.  Pretty nasty.

1 hour ago, CBears019 said:

As a cop, these stories are endless.  Problem is that when you deal with it almost daily it all becomes mundane.  I hate when i meet someone new or see someone i haven’t seen in a long time because they ALWAYS ask, “What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever seen?”  Verbatim.  And i can almost never give them a response.

So one that certainly sticks out to me happened about 2-3 years ago.  A guy decides to end his life so he goes out to a wooded area behind his house.  Sits down at the base of a tree and pops an M-80 in his mouth with the wick sticking out. Lights the wick......

Ever  watch The Walking Dead?  It looked just like when one of those characters would bash in a zombies head with a bat.  There was literally brains, skull fragments, jaw bone fragments, etc dripping from leaves.  Pretty nasty.

My sister's husband is a cop as well and says the same thing; countless stories.  Mad props to you, Thank you for your services!

and wow, just wow!!  Here I thought seeing people washing themselves in the bathroom sink and #2s placed purposely in the womens bins was bad  

11 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Took care of a lady who put a 12 gauge in her mouth hoping to end things, pulled the trigger and blasted buckshot into her skull.

When she pulled the trigger, she must not have been able to reach it well and the gun was angle just enough that it didn’t go straight back, but rather to the side. Essentially blew off half her face.  You could see the inside of her maxillary sinuses...

After being sedated for weeks, finally wakes up and almost immediately starts crying after discovering she lived. 

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Took care of a lady who put a 12 gauge in her mouth hoping to end things, pulled the trigger and blasted buckshot into her skull.

When she pulled the trigger, she must not have been able to reach it well and the gun was angle just enough that it didn’t go straight back, but rather to the side. Essentially blew off half her face.  You could see the inside of her maxillary sinuses...

After being sedated for weeks, finally wakes up and almost immediately starts crying after discovering she lived. 

I thought I clicked the “What did you get for Xmas” thread

Good lord, what a twist 

On 12/29/2018 at 8:41 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, most of the folks I worked with shagged at home on their own beds like everyone else.

All I need is 3 minutes...but I'll make sure it was the best damn 3 minutes of your life, girl...is what I usually say.

On 12/29/2018 at 9:13 PM, Dome said:

My wife and I accidentally caught one of her coworkers in the beginning stages of some workplace romance with her husband who came to pick her up after a closing shift and she was the only one working. wife and i were just walking by and saw movement inside and put our faces to the glass to see what it was. and we saw what it was. and they saw that we saw what it was and they quickly stopped.

pretty sure we ruined that escapade. whoops. 

And I would have been like, "ay, bloody hell, you wanka! you fancy a shag and come join us or wanna take a foto mate?!"

I don't normally talk like that, but I think it would make for a funny moment...

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If I was a chick I’d totally believe that first bit.

For those 3 minutes, nothing else matters...not the house, not the mortgage, not the garage...I live my life one bonin' at a time.

Do people still say bone?!

Archived