Big Ten Targeting OU & Texas for 2024-2025 Expansion

Danger

I prefer Oklahoma and Oklahoma State join the SEC. I'd put in Texas in place of the latter but A&M would certainly block the Longhorns, plus Oklahoma politicians want OU and OKST to remain together regardless of what conference they are in.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:58 AM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Tejas sure. OU hell no. Also instead of expanding we just punt Nebraska, Rutgers, and Maryland.

Also we temporarily ban anyone who loses Minnesota for a season. So Wisconsin is out next year, but in for 2020.

The problem is Oklahoma has already tied it's wagon to Oklahoma State, and it seems unlikely that the B1G wants to bring on OSU-lite.  Plus, there's the whole major issue of the Longhorn Network.  I don't think that's changed.

6 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

Dunno what OU's intentions are, but in the event the Big 12 dissolves, barring some administrative turnover, Texas will be heading West. 

I'm pretty sure the whole Pac-12 thing died when they opted to add Colorado and Utah.  They're sitting at 14 teams right now, adding Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Texas puts them at 17, which means they'd need to add one more minimum.  So unless Oklahoma is suddenly willing to leave Oklahoma State or Texas is willing to go without Oklahoma, the Big 12 remains the most likely situation.

17 hours ago, pf9 said:

Along with that, I'd like to see the Big 12 add UCF, USF, Houston, SMU, Memphis, Temple, Boise State and BYU as a response to losing its Oklahoma presence.

BYU isn't giving up its Independence to join a Texas & Oklahoma-less Big 12.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm pretty sure the whole Pac-12 thing died when they opted to add Colorado and Utah.  They're sitting at 14 teams right now, adding Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Texas puts them at 17, which means they'd need to add one more minimum.  So unless Oklahoma is suddenly willing to leave Oklahoma State or Texas is willing to go without Oklahoma, the Big 12 remains the most likely situation.

As long as the Pac 12 is at or near the bottom of the conference revenue food chain, expansion will always be on the table for them, provided it's the right programs/universities they'd be adding. Texas would certainly fit that bill.

It's not my preferred destination, it's not even in my top 5 tbqh, but that's where the administration has their eyes set on when the time comes. 

2 minutes ago, Texasmade said:

As long as the Pac 12 is at or near the bottom of the conference revenue food chain, expansion will always be on the table for them, provided it's the right programs/universities they'd be adding. Texas would certainly fit that bill.

It's not my preferred destination, it's not even in my top 5 tbqh, but that's where the administration has their eyes set on when the time comes. 

LIS, Oklahoma isn't going without Oklahoma State and Texas isn't going without Oklahoma, so you've got 17 teams right now in the Pac-12 if they added those 3.  Then you're digging into Kansas, Texas Tech, Baylor, and/or TCU for that possible 18th team with BYU, Boise State, and Colorado State as other potential possibilities.  Is Oklahoma and Texas making enough money to warrant leaving the Big 12?  I don't think so.

Just now, CWood21 said:

LIS, Oklahoma isn't going without Oklahoma State and Texas isn't going without Oklahoma, so you've got 17 teams right now in the Pac-12 if they added those 3.  Then you're digging into Kansas, Texas Tech, Baylor, and/or TCU for that possible 18th team with BYU, Boise State, and Colorado State as other potential possibilities.  Is Oklahoma and Texas making enough money to warrant leaving the Big 12?  I don't think so.

I wouldn't assume "Texas isn't going without Oklahoma" to be a factual statement because it's not. It was at one point in time, but a new president and a new chancellor later, things have since changed. There decision will be an independent one and they want to Texas in the Pac 12.

Like I said, not my preferred outcome but it is what it is. 

Archived