Big Ten Targeting OU & Texas for 2024-2025 Expansion

Danger

On 12/8/2018 at 3:31 AM, plan9misfit said:

I think that’s the real sticking point right there. Texas has its own network, very deep financial resources, and resides in a football hotbed recruiting state. There’s little incentive for it to change conferences.

The Big Ten would just tell them that everything would be a little bit better for them in the Big Ten. They would let them keep the Longhorn Network, the Big Ten Network would just broadcast very few Texas sporting events. They would just argue that competition would be better, that there's more money to be made, and that there's more stability.

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We already relented once letting dog crap schools in the B1G. This is why taking Nebraska was a huge goddamn mistake

Just kick out Nebraska and replace them with Oklahoma. No one will know the difference. Add Texas and Oklahoma to the West. Add Notre Dame and Pitt to the East. Kick out Rutgers and Nebraska.

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, IDOG_det said:

Just kick out Nebraska and replace them with Oklahoma. No one will know the difference. Add Texas and Oklahoma to the West. Add Notre Dame and Pitt to the East. Kick out Rutgers and Nebraska.

giphy.gif

Or just add ND and Texas. Even though this is a pipe dream and neither will join.

Honestly the school I'd really try to poach is Vandy. Research institution, excellent school, up and coming FB/Bball and really good in other sports, plus a new market area in a rising Nashville media market. The only issue is B1G baseball sucks and Vandy is the best baseball school in the country year in and year out.

2 hours ago, IDOG_det said:

The Big Ten would just tell them that everything would be a little bit better for them in the Big Ten. They would let them keep the Longhorn Network, the Big Ten Network would just broadcast very few Texas sporting events. They would just argue that competition would be better, that there's more money to be made, and that there's more stability.

I hear you, but it’s a tough sell, though. Texas has so many built-in advantages over virtually any program that it would be very difficult to convince them to do just about anything. Also, Texas isn’t interested in creating benefits for other programs. Texas is really only interested in Texas. I don’t think selling them on competition and stability would accomplish much. Texas has a much different mindset than other programs. If they knew that they’d keep the rivalry with Oklahoma and potentially renew the one with A&M, they’d go independent just to stick it to the NCAA. There aren’t very many programs that have that ability.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 10:15 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

The Big 12 isn't going anywhere. Neither are Texas or OU. It's a B1G pipe-dream.

Besides, your schools couldn't handle the Sooners or Longhorns every year. :P

Texas would do well in the big ten west........they'd consistently be the 4th or 5th best team in the big ten east.

On 12/11/2018 at 11:42 AM, Mastercheddaar said:

Or and this is a big OR, the B1G ten gives Neb back to the Big 12 along with Iowa. We then boot Maryland and Rutgers back to AAC/ACC. The B1G ten then brings in ND to the West and WV to the East, with an opinion to snag Cinci and Pitt. 

?????

Mastercheddaar

I like the idea of west Virginia in the big ten....makes too much geographic sense......but i know it would never happen as mountaineer academics aren't up to snuff.

Archived