Big Ten Targeting OU & Texas for 2024-2025 Expansion

Danger

Just now, Texasmade said:

I wouldn't assume "Texas isn't going without Oklahoma" to be a factual statement because it's not. It was at one point in time, but a new president and a new chancellor later, things have since changed. There decision will be an independent one and they want to Texas in the Pac 12.

Like I said, not my preferred outcome but it is what it is. 

Until we hear otherwise, I think we have to make that assumption.  Texas hasn't shown a willingness to leave Oklahoma in the past, and reportedly the only thing that would have changed that would have been Texas gone Independent.  And I'm not totally sure Texas goes to the Pac-12 as is.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Until we hear otherwise, I think we have to make that assumption.  Texas hasn't shown a willingness to leave Oklahoma in the past, and reportedly the only thing that would have changed that would have been Texas gone Independent.  And I'm not totally sure Texas goes to the Pac-12 as is.

You're not wrong but....

" a new president and a new chancellor later, things have since changed"

Neither of the aforementioned were in Austin during previous rounds of realignment. 

1 minute ago, Texasmade said:

You're not wrong but....

" a new president and a new chancellor later, things have since changed"

Neither of the aforementioned were in Austin during previous rounds of realignment. 

Until we hear otherwise, it's speculation and we have to go with what we know.  Oklahoma has a new President as well, so they're not necessarily tied to Oklahoma State but we have to assume they are.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Yet the B1G is left out of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row...

FACT

The Big XII is dominant. They have (results not found) wins in the CFP since its inception and their last national title was with Vince Young almost 15 years ago.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

BYU isn't giving up its Independence to join a Texas & Oklahoma-less Big 12.

Oklahoma State is who I mentioned would leave the Big 12 with OU, I want Texas to stay in the Big 12

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea but what's in it for Texas? Would probably be the comeback question from the AD.

I think that’s the real sticking point right there. Texas has its own network, very deep financial resources, and resides in a football hotbed recruiting state. There’s little incentive for it to change conferences.

On 12/6/2018 at 12:58 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Tejas sure. OU hell no. Also instead of expanding we just punt Nebraska, Rutgers, and Maryland.

Also we temporarily ban anyone who loses Minnesota for a season. So Wisconsin is out next year, but in for 2020.

Not gonna happen. NY/NJ and DC/MD/NOVA media markets are way to valuable. 

2 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Or and this is a big OR, the B1G ten gives Neb back to the Big 12 along with Iowa. We then boot Maryland and Rutgers back to AAC/ACC. The B1G ten then brings in ND to the West and WV to the East, with an opinion to snag Cinci and Pitt. 

?????

Mastercheddaar

source.gif

source.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=8129861

5 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Or and this is a big OR, the B1G ten gives Neb back to the Big 12 along with Iowa. We then boot Maryland and Rutgers back to AAC/ACC. The B1G ten then brings in ND to the West and WV to the East, with an opinion to snag Cinci and Pitt. 

?????

Mastercheddaar

No. No. No. No. **** that. Hell no. No.

We already relented once letting dog crap schools in the B1G. This is why taking Nebraska was a huge goddamn mistake. Now every inbred hold-your-jorts-up-with-a-rope technical institute thinks they can join too.

No OU. No WVU. No Cincy. 

Archived