2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/243446868/matt-rhule-baylor-bears-changes-offense

Everyone on the fence with Rhule should check out this article.

He's a really smart guy. Doesn't convolute the game and isn't tied to one thing. Has coached offense and defense. Believes in balance. All great qualities. 

His greatest quality: ability to get the most out of the talent he has, specifically, scheming to his player's strengths rather than trying to force a square peg in a round hole. It's funny how he mentions the Pats in that article because they're the best at that. Look at all the players who are high performers in their system and completely bust when they leave. 

2 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/243446868/matt-rhule-baylor-bears-changes-offense

Everyone on the fence with Rhule should check out this article.

I read that as well.

Also everyone needs to check out his assistant offensive coordinators. One of them, who's also the QB coach, has over 10 years NFL experience and was Matt Ryan's QB coach during his best years, including the year they went to the superbowl. They run a spread/pro style offense at Baylor. Rhule is widely known as a very adaptable coach. 

Hes my #1 right now. I'd be ecstatic if we hired him. 

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Oh, I was trying to figure what makes KK a good option to a lot of people. I thought you were asking about Monken. 

I think Monken and Kingsbury are similar its just KK is younger so I think the upside is better in terms of the next coach being here for 10+ years.

I'm just eager to see what direction this team goes. 

If I were making the pick: 

1. Mike McCarthy - safe pick; will develop Sam into a complete QB even if here for only 4 years. Help instill a winning culture into the organization.
  2. Matt Rhule - like what Rhule represents. Most well rounded candidate on our list and I think CEO coaches are most sustainable. Only 43. Gives me John Harbaugh vibes. 
  3. Kliff Kingsbury - if the Jets are going to go the hot coordinator route, just be bold and go KK. Help him assemble a defensive staff and see what happens. 
  4. Todd Monken - see Kliff Kingsbury
  5. Adam Gase - would not be thrilled based on how it ended in Miami, even if Ross is a pain. Maybe he rebounds, but I get the feel he needs to be humbled as a coordinator again. 
  6. Jim Caldwell - I would be unenthused with Caldwell. He's a solid coach, but can't help but feel like he'd be a stop-gap for me. 
  7. Kris Richard - Richard should be a HC somewhere, but not here. What differentiates him from Todd Bowles?
  8. Eric Bieniemy - Could very well be the next best coach, but I don't think he's ready. If we're hiring a coordinator, needs to be someone who has developed a QB. Without seeing past the curtain, hard for me to be happy about Bieniemy. Feel like he'd be a much better fit for a team that has a veteran QB. 

11 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

I'm just eager to see what direction this team goes. 

If I were making the pick: 

1. Mike McCarthy - safe pick; will develop Sam into a complete QB even if here for only 4 years. Help instill a winning culture into the organization.
  2. Matt Rhule - like what Rhule represents. Most well rounded candidate on our list and I think CEO coaches are most sustainable. Only 43. Gives me John Harbaugh vibes. 
  3. Kliff Kingsbury - if the Jets are going to go the hot coordinator route, just be bold and go KK. Help him assemble a defensive staff and see what happens. 
  4. Todd Monken - see Kliff Kingsbury
  5. Adam Gase - would not be thrilled based on how it ended in Miami, even if Ross is a pain. Maybe he rebounds, but I get the feel he needs to be humbled as a coordinator again. 
  6. Jim Caldwell - I would be unenthused with Caldwell. He's a solid coach, but can't help but feel like he'd be a stop-gap for me. 
  7. Kris Richard - Richard should be a HC somewhere, but not here. What differentiates him from Todd Bowles?
  8. Eric Bieniemy - Could very well be the next best coach, but I don't think he's ready. If we're hiring a coordinator, needs to be someone who has developed a QB. Without seeing past the curtain, hard for me to be happy about Bieniemy. Feel like he'd be a much better fit for a team that has a veteran QB. 

My top 3 is Rhule, KK, McCarthy. After that I'm the same as yours. 

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I think Monken and Kingsbury are similar its just KK is younger so I think the upside is better in terms of the next coach being here for 10+ years.

He’s only 52 though. He can coach for 10+ as well.

They are similar I agree. To me though, I feel like Monken has the higher floor. Looking at this like we would a prospect, Monken has as much upside as KK but has a much higher floor.

Im hoping Monken gets the job tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

He’s only 52 though. He can coach for 10+ as well.

They are similar I agree. To me though, I feel like Monken has the higher floor. Looking at this like we would a prospect, Monken has as much upside as KK but has a much higher floor.

Im hoping Monken gets the job tomorrow.

I agree Monken has a higher floor and is more seasoned with his pro coaching experience. 

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

I wonder if the Jets FO knows Rhule already from his Temple days/local pro days.

I’m sure they do. Robby Anderson played for him, and part of a scouting departments job is to make relationships with the coaches to get legitimate feedback regarding their players. 

I’m not against Rhule... but the thing that stands out to me as a negative to him is that he’s a HUGE run the ball guy. And our personnel couldn’t be worse for that style. We have average RBs and a below average OL. If we can’t lure OL and a RB in FA and Rhule is hired... we’d be in bad shape. I also don’t like that he has no history at all of grooming great QBs.

Archived