2019 Head Coach carousel

jetskid007

10 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

He more so combined the 2 styles. He injected some some facets of a pro style offense into the spread, to accommodate the personnel he inherited. Theres a really good article explaining what he did.

Monken is actually pretty similar to his existing OC.

Got it. Thanks. Just found out this guy grew up a Jets fan. He may be hyping himself up in one of forums.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

Playoffs currently showing you still have to run the ball and play D but then again Saints, Chiefs and Rams have yet to play. 

Ya if this was 3 or 4 years ago. This is an O league now. The D has no more advantage with PI and other flags. The NFL wants high scoring and that is why you will see. The teams that run and have good D are out i.e  seattle, bears, ravens. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Ya if this was 3 or 4 years ago. This is an O league now. The D has no more advantage with PI and other flags. The NFL wants high scoring and that is why you will see. The teams that run and have good D are out i.e  seattle, bears, ravens. 

Umm it was literally 3 or 4 days ago. 

Dallas on with running the ball and defense. 

Eagles and Bears were in a defensive battle 

Ravens and Chargers as well. 

Colts lit up the Texans early and shut the down the rest of the way behind their OL and run game. 

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

I think Gase when working with a talented QB will be better at a HC. Sometimes as a coach you can ask players to do things they’re just incapable of. 

Rex was able to get Revis to play Elite man to Man defense with no help yet couldn’t get Kyle Wilson to turn his head. Why? The talent was there with one and not there with the other. 

Darnold is more talented than Tannehill and Cutler. More accurate, better ball placement, similar mobility but overall just better. Gase’s working knowledge with Manning was probably a detriment as he expected guys like Cutler and Tannehill to perform like Manning did in Denver with him. 

I think Darnold can reach that level with Gase. But that’s just me.

I want my coach to elevate the players and put them in places to be successful.  Monken worked back and forth with Fitz and Jameis last year not exactly world beaters and had what a top 3 offense.  I just don't view Gase as that guy.  I'd take McCarthy over him in a heartbeat if we are going with a retread.

I'm 100% in on Monken.

8 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just don't see him as a HC guy. I can't think of any HC that went from college to the NFL and did well. Nick Saban who was the best of all of them failed in Miami. I just don't like his O because he tends to be more run base. Baylor use to throw the ball all around the field and now it is balance and I want a guy that throws 6 or 7 out of 10 plays. This league is pass happy and we have a young QB that can whip the ball around. He is going against what the NFL wants with rules and high scoring. I would take KK over him because his O is better than Rhule. MM is my number one guy now and I really don't like anyone after that. This is why I don't like Rhule as HC. I would take Bienemy, or MM over him. 

I'm not confident his offense would translate, but he's the type of guy to adapt.  I like his leadership abilities and how he gets the most out of his players.  He'd need to get a strong OC with him.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

I want my coach to elevate the players and put them in places to be successful.  Monken worked back and forth with Fitz and Jameis last year not exactly world beaters and had what a top 3 offense.  I just don't view Gase as that guy.  I'd take McCarthy over him in a heartbeat if we are going with a retread.

I'm 100% in on Monken.

Fair point. But Winston #1 Overall Pick and Fitz who we’ve seen play well at times are better than Osweiler, Tannehill and whoever else Miami had. 

Gase has made mistakes but I’m willing to bet he’s learned from them. I wouldn’t be mad at either. 

Hell no to McCarthy.

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m hoping this is pointing to McCarthy. He was the only one who (reportedly) got the full wine and dine, appears to not even be meeting with the Browns anymore and still hasn’t publicly announced he is taking the year off

I seen that Gase got the same treatment as McCarthy in terms of dinner the night before and an interview the next day. 

Archived