Free Agents

Lil' Shorty

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Agreed. He was always going to look to cash in. I never saw us going to that range with him...

Pretty impressive for UDFA to get that kind of money.  Never blame a player for taking the money.  I thought giving him 6 million was fair, but upwards of 8 million is out of the Bucs price range.  I still expect DJax gone, but I expect Brate to stay.

44 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Pretty impressive for UDFA to get that kind of money.  Never blame a player for taking the money.  I thought giving him 6 million was fair, but upwards of 8 million is out of the Bucs price range.  I still expect DJax gone, but I expect Brate to stay.

Agreed 100% on all...

I wouldn't be surprised to see us take a WR somewhere in first 4 rounds of draft either. A guy BA can handpick...

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I still think Mathieu is the top target, but Collins would fit the box safety role in Bowles defense.  I expect Mathieu to still be the choice to.play some nickel.and rover.  Whitehead more of the box safety with Evans playing deep in 3 safety personnel.

He gone.

Hopefully with everyone vying over him, we can ****** up Mathieu real quick.

16 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think he said he won't play on the tag.

I've heard that a lot from players in the past. Eventually, they cave and sign/play...

Bell was the 1st to actually sit out the year and that was after 2 previous tags that gave him a lot of gauranteed cash to save...

Free agent MLB Kwon Alexander wants to re-sign with the Bucs.

Alexander suffered a torn ACL in Week 7 last year. He's 3-4 months from getting cleared for football activities but has a chance to be ready for training camp. Alexander returning with the Bucs on a one-year, prove-it deal may be the best move for both sides.

So rumors from podcast is if Hump is lost to free agency, DJax stays.  Not thrilled, but I understand the thought process.  Godwin would definitely play a lot of slot.    3 WRs -Evans, DJax, Godwin 1 TE- Howard.  Considering BA doesn t carry a FB, this is probably the personnel group used the most.

13 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Kwon wants to be here. I'm all but 100% certain Licht wants him here. It depends on Bowles and the numbers.

I would rather re-sign Kwon than McCoy for sure. 

And right now I think Ed Oliver is our guy at 5. 

Archived